661R vs 660R 36" bar

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know what a a55 fellers is :confused: lol... Fuel up every 10 minutes here no way our hardwood don't have much in the way of limbs so yeah fall it and cut the head off , That pic in my avatar my old man sat that forest Redgum on the deck in way under 10 min more like 5min and is kind of a big log at that lol but yeah he is an old school gun, to pay the feller /faller to put it on the deck would cost the old man about 600 bucks and cost the cutter what? under 2 bucks in fuel to make 600 bucks hell yeah crazy town that's way to much fuel! LOL dudes that over worry about fuel in a saw I don't really know what to say?:confused:, If it was in a yard an arborist would what say 20k and I will block it down??.... Yeah cutters my old man puts on are on good money they get timber down in a timely fashion that's for sure it's a sight so see a good hardwood Aussie cutter at work :)... haha pull up for a cigarette on your time is all good! pull up for a cigarette on the bosses time (boss man my hard as nails old man!) lol and yeah he will send you on your way! he don't fart about....Unfair dismissal laws and crap has cost him about 1 million Id guess lol any one need an ear full of what he thinks about bloggers! haha am happy to pass on his number....:lol:
I don't really care for the 'cost' of fuel meaning the dollar value of running a saw but when limbing up fallen trees l do care for 'efficiency' and the less 'down time' the better. In stuff under 12" a fuel sipping strato can be your best friend. The 241cm springs too mind when thinking about a saw that keeps its operated on the job with minimal down time.

Is the air filter system on the 661 any better than the 660? The filter on the 461 I had would get dirty way fast than my 372. Hopefully they reengineered the system on the 661.
IMO the filter system is way better than the older models. cleaning it is a breeze...literally as you just tap it on the end of a log to shake the big stuff loose and then blow it out from the inside.

Is the air filter system on the 661 any better than the 660? The filter on the 461 I had would get dirty way fast than my 372. Hopefully they reengineered the system on the 661.

Are ya cant beat the HD2 filter so why would you change it,its the only filter that will stop dry ozzy hard wood dust from going throw.

IMO the filter system is way better than the older models. cleaning it is a breeze...literally as you just tap it on the end of a log to shake the big stuff loose and then blow it out from the inside.

Just looked...Seems that there might be more surface area with the new filter on the 661 over the 660?

066 & 088 use the same filter.
not from what I've seen...used a 880 last summer and the filter was much larger than that on my 066...they were not even interchangeable
is the 880 filter different than the older 088?
From what I can remember the opening on what I had (see pics) was too small to fit on my friend's 880. perhaps the overall size is the same if you are using ah H1?

Back