My reflections of A.S.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's what it boils down to Randy.
Ain't nobody with thick skin anymore.
Everybody takes whatever they read on the web to be gospel.
+"I have a potty mouth" & ****
Internets are serious business J.

By the way...

Warez mah shertz?

If you are buying Stihl 660's for $325 with 28 and 36" bars and three chains you are faster than me though.
That would be a good deal on CL around here but it's not a stolen by a crack head crazy price either.

Things have just not been the same since Stihl Sawing put curtains on his bathroom window and dismantled the bleachers outside it...and stole the cheesy poofs.

Besides the shawg forum I dunno any other decent forums. I'm new here but have found more than enough info to answer questions ihave. That's why I don't post much as someone else has usually asked, and answered something I needed to know. I'm def a noob on a lot of repairs, knowing just enough to be dangerous lol!

g1325338139210950498.jpg

Seems a lot of fellas have disappeared recently, mostly the "glue" that held the place together.

Those guys who left helped weed out some of the guys who think this is a place to argue about the following:
  • Husky vs Stihl
  • Stihl vs Husky
  • Stihl vs Stihl
  • Chevy or Ford
  • How much is my saw worth?
  • What oil should I use?
  • What ratio should I use?
  • Husky oil vs Stihl oil
  • Stihl oil vs Husky Oil
  • Stihl Oil vs Stihl Ultra Oil
And so on and so forth.

The thing is that back in the day all that crap was still around but got ignored and was second paged in no time as a result of the good guys keeping useful discussions going on. Now the negative seems more prevalent because the good guys aren't knocking it down anymore, but it was always here.

In a lot of ways I believe that Facebook has propagated a lot of garbage and spill over. More people get interested in the hobby as a result, but it seems there are no ethics or concern of community. It's just the "hot topic" of the moment and then it disappears into oblivion. More guys are interested in "likes" or "comments" or "getting one up on another" than they are in freely sharing information and helping guys become better mechanics, more knowledgeable about saws and teach better techniques.

Still guys 'round here willing to do that, just in less quantity.

As far as I'm concerned, ain't about being right or wrong, but about the never ending quest for knowledge.

Just like anything good and fulfilling in life:

Gotta share it to get it!
I'll admit I'm a contributor in the "brand wars" thing; and its gonna end
My apologies

My first post here got flamed, but then Wendell rep'd me "so ya don't look all newbie and stuff". Kinda representative of the site in general. I'm a tremendous arrogant ******* in real life (seriously), so I try really, really hard to stay agreeable on the forum
Biggest mistake I ever made.

LOL

Latest posts

Back