My reflections of A.S.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
tater tot

You are really pushing it bud.

That's fine. I guess. But if you do decide to leave would you please take Bradley with you? Please?

Have you lost your mind? He and I don't do so well together.......or have you not noticed?

I was going to respond to this thread, but I'm in the middle of a "Married With Children" marathon...:****you:

I miss rep. :(

Right now I'd red bomb your ass into the basement. :laugh:

way late to the party......but......AS does have a good bit of info here and a knowledgeable community.

I will say that the searching is very tough these days. With the lack of pictures, links, videos ect ect alot a great info gets buried.

That being said, I don't mind revisiting old topics, saws, builds ect. Post some of the old info, it will be new to some for sure.

my $0.02

8fcb00614e8eb5346f0c489227e146ae.jpg

I am a member of most of the saw forums and find that I usually gravitate to this one. I don't like all the spurious fluff that seems to take up the majority of space, but still find it to be a good community of chainsaw buffs. On the internet, one must be able to sift through a lot of bullcrap to find the gems. Those that are unwilling to do that go away. Seems like the forum changes membership about every year. ie, if you read an old post you see a bunch of guys that responded to it and think, "oh yeah, I wonder what happened to them?" I just keep hanging around, try to offer up useful info if I have any.
I have really enjoyed the thread about "what's your day job?" as it helps me to get to know some of the members a bit better. I really enjoyed the Georgia GTG and getting to meet some members in person. It's really an eclectic mix of people on here that are disparate in every way except their love of these little engine powered gadgets. So just like my spouse, I take the good and bad and make something workable out of it. (Actually, I'm sorta missing Groundi as she's in Bangladesh right now...) Carry on.

When I think about it 2004 was 11 years ago, so the young 20 somethings here were just little kids at the time. Sometimes tight groups of friends can cause issues. Some get jealous of these cliques, sometimes people in these cliques get defensive and aggressive. Nevertheless things seem to go up and down, some stay some go, it's all good to me.:cheers:

I am in agreement with gologit. I've not been here as long a him, but he pretty well sums AS up. Having said that, there are some folks that I miss a lot. Lakeside for example, although I see him post now and then, Thall also, just for a couple. Boy if those two couldn't figure out what was wrong with a saw you might just as well junk it. I first came here trying to figure out why my Poulan wouldn't cut. Mind you I had been cutting since my early 20's (I'm 64 now), and I got an answer right off from gasoline, the answer was right on and polite and interesting, I always read his posts, they were interesting, and he hated oil threads. I've not seen a post from him in a long time, I hope he is well. The answer by the way was that I had a SAFETY chain. I had never heard of such, and still think that the concept is crazy, but that's just me. I ground off the safety bars and that baby cut like a beaver on roids. Been a lot of changes since I came here, and I'm not around as much as I used to be, but it is the only saw forum that I go to. By the way nobody answered Jeff Lary, what is T.z" anyway. JR

Reading this thread made me want to stick around a bit more, good to read some different comments from folks on this thread as opposed to the one I started about my dad's 291. Everyone commenting here seems pretty reasonable and normal. I couldn't believe some of the stuff that was directed my way on my first post. People seem to like to write things off the cuff and a lot of times say stuff that they would never say in person. I have to laugh at all the internet tough guys on this forum, makes me wonder what they are like in real life when someone big is in their face. I bet they don't run their mouth very much.
All in all, it seems like there is quite a bit of technical know how on this forum, if everyone acts like they do in this thread then this site will keep growing.

I am in agreement with gologit. I've not been here as long a him, but he pretty well sums AS up. Having said that, there are some folks that I miss a lot. Lakeside for example, although I see him post now and then, Thall also, just for a couple. Boy if those two couldn't figure out what was wrong with a saw you might just as well junk it. I first came here trying to figure out why my Poulan wouldn't cut. Mind you I had been cutting since my early 20's (I'm 64 now), and I got an answer right off from gasoline, the answer was right on and polite and interesting, I always read his posts, they were interesting, and he hated oil threads. I've not seen a post from him in a long time, I hope he is well. The answer by the way was that I had a SAFETY chain. I had never heard of such, and still think that the concept is crazy, but that's just me. I ground off the safety bars and that baby cut like a beaver on roids. Been a lot of changes since I came here, and I'm not around as much as I used to be, but it is the only saw forum that I go to. By the way nobody answered Jeff Lary, what is T.z" anyway. JR

He still posts on Masterblaster's site.

He got into ProStreet Trucks.....

image.jpg
I have to laugh at all the internet tough guys on this forum, makes me wonder what they are like in real life when someone big is in their face. I bet they don't run their mouth very much.
I can run faster scarred than I can mad.lol
If I see a newbie getting beat up, I'll at least give him some rep so he doesn't feel alone.
Or if I go in for the kill, I try to mitigate the damage by giving a like before I make the post.
What I hate too are the ones who insist on posting when drinking, or the ones who feel compelled to post pics and vids over and over again that are a decade old.

View attachment 399282
I can run faster scarred than I can mad.lol
If I see a newbie getting beat up, I'll at least give him some rep so he doesn't feel alone.
Or if I go in for the kill, I try to mitigate the damage by giving a like before I make the post.
What I hate too are the ones who insist on posting when drinking, or the ones who feel compelled to post pics and vids over and over again that are a decade old.

If I was a drinker........

Latest posts

Back