2 Stroke Oil (Cerma)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

"Case XX"

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I have 3 older Stihl chainsaws 201T,009L,041AV. The 041 smokes a lot. Just bought all 3 a month ago. I have been watching You-tube videos on 2 stroke oil…called CERMA. Anyone out there recommend this oil to use ? If not , What about AMSOIL or Royal Purple ? Any of them snake oil ? Over the years I've bought the cheap stuff and don't want to do that with these Stihls. I appreciate any of the help anyone can give me.

I have 3 older Stihl chainsaws 201T,009L,041AV. The 041 smokes a lot. Just bought all 3 a month ago. I have been watching You-tube videos on 2 stroke oil…called CERMA. Anyone out there recommend this oil to use ? If not , What about AMSOIL or Royal Purple ? Any of the snake oil ? Over the years I've bought the cheap stuff and don't want to do that with these Stihls. I appreciate any of the help anyone can give me.

Bob, any of the name brand or OEM oils "I prefer synthetic" will work fine.

There always seems to be some conection between stupid people and folks starting saws with there right hand on the trigger and there left hand pulling the rope.;)

Royal Purple 2 stroke oil worth trying out ?
ANSOIL worth trying on chainsaw ?

Welcome to the forum. You can drive yourself crazy on the oil debate. I just use the Stihl HP and don't worry about it. I used the Stihl Orange bottle for 20 years and only switched because my dealer said the Orange would be phased out.

Latest posts

Back