100 Deg Club 2014-15

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
we usually hit -25 or -30 here so im sure its only a matter of time. already had -18 on thanksgiving so itll happen. pretty regular for me to hit 75 in the house if im feeling lazy and chucking wood in the stove not doing much else.

This club sucks. Just about zero then add wind chill and the famous weather man says it's -25 to -35 about now and I just got inside. My cows had pretty chunky water or more like hard water. My heating elimant didn't do its job for 3 months. They never fail in July. :angry::angry::dumb2::dumb2::sucks:

I hate this weather. My 10 pregnant lady's get really crabby when I haven't fixed their hard water issue on a timely manor. They try to help but they aren't mechanically inclined enough. And my hands don't like playing in the water when it's that cold so it takes longer.

I won't make the 100 club, but dang I pushed hard and made it to the 80 club. Right now it is 0 outside and The thermometer is showing 80 in here. I love it....sitting in t shirt & shorts with a nice frosty one watching the flames wicker away.

Supposed to get down to -11 later tonight...but I doubt the temp in here will stay in the 80's. The beauty of this is that the bedrooms upstairs are 68...nice for sleeping.

Gonna hit the 99 club tonight. NOAA's calling for -25 and we have the thermostat set for 74. I guess I could cheat and move it up to 75 - but it's been constant at 74 since I started the OWB in September.

Pretty small crowd this year and the 34 F they are calling for tomorrow isn't helping, and that's great...to a point cause if it keeps this warm trend I maybe shutting down my boiler, which I have earlier in Jan and just ran it every second day.

Yep, just 10 days away from February, daylight hours gettin' longer, wind startin' to shift a bit more out'a the west, and no predictions of an arctic blast in the foreseeable future... thinkin' my chances of makin' the club this year are pretty darn slim. Still not impossible... but becoming ever more unlikely each day.
Now don't get me wrong... I ain't disappointed‼ B'sides :D I did make the 85° club once this year... just once.

Last year we were in the 100's for weeks, this year I made membership by 1 degree and only one night...been basically melting here for a week and might get a bit colder early next week...what a difference

Last year we were in the 100's for weeks, this year I made membership by 1 degree and only one night...been basically melting here for a week and might get a bit colder early next week...what a difference
We have yet to see -30 this year which is almost unheard of. Last year we had 5 nights between Christmas and new years that were greater than -30.

-30 at my house when i left this morning for work @ 0530 and the house was right at 70.

Talking to my co-workers temps ranged from -33 to -37.

Sounds like Aurora took the icebox award this morning. -39, topping traditional cold spots of International Falls, Embarrass, and Tower.

I don't believe in global warming per se, but when I was a kid it seemed like we touched -40 a few times each year.....

I'm not sure if my setup can get me in the 100F club. Last year we got down to -15F and the record low here was -26F back in '85 so someday I may see the weather for it. But last night we got down to 5F and I held 70F all night. But last year when it went -15F I only had the house at 65F. I didn't have the best wood last year and I rebuilt the stove for this winter so maybe I could pull it off, but 80F is all I could get last year.

Tonight I'll likely make it again. I have -18F outside and 73 inside so I'm already at 91. Unless something changes it's gonna be about -30F tonight. There will be some ironwood and oak going on before I go to bed.

Back