FYI

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I know you real men out there have a roll or two of duct tape stashed for strategical emergency use...
Well... I would'a never thought duct tape could be replaced in my lifetime, but I've been using something better (much better) for over a year now. It comes in different widths, lengths and colors... sticks to rusty, wet and even oily surfaces... and is strong enough to tow a small car. It's well worth the extra buck; I've even temporarily patched leaking plumbing with it (nearly 3 weeks ago :confused:)... and wrapped the patch on while the pipe was leaking‼

gor60035.jpg

Thanks for the product review. I've seen it at the stores but never bought any, I'll grab a few rolls, for the house and vehicles.

Word of caution on the glue...don't get me wrong, the stuff is fantastic....but if the wife asks if we have any glue and you respond "use the stuff in the junk drawer", beware of her wrath. See, we have this knife block that came apart at one of the factory glue points. This spot also coincides with all of the slots for the steak knives. Well, the wife thought she'd take matters into her own hands and fix the block. The block is now whole again....but getting a steak knife can be a bit tricky due to the "expanding" nature of the glue. It's been a year and I still get chewed out every time she wants to use one of those knives.

Word of caution on the glue...don't get me wrong, the stuff is fantastic....but if the wife asks if we have any glue and you respond "use the stuff in the junk drawer", beware of her wrath. See, we have this knife block that came apart at one of the factory glue points. This spot also coincides with all of the slots for the steak knives. Well, the wife thought she'd take matters into her own hands and fix the block. The block is now whole again....but getting a steak knife can be a bit tricky due to the "expanding" nature of the glue. It's been a year and I still get chewed out every time she wants to use one of those knives.
and SHE was the one that fixed the block....!!! :dizzy:

I'm with you, Whitespider, I've been using Gorilla tape and it works great. The glue is also really good but it expands like crazy.

Ya know, I gotta wonder about the longevity of the "tape" in storage. I've used g-glue for years but I've noticed that after just a few short months, it cures hard-as-a-rock all by itself just sitting around; yes completely sealed. I stuck a small, un-opened bottle in my go-bag last November. Went out to the everglades looking for bambi; needed some glue. The glue was solid. Pissa!

I like how its your fault for what she did. Also constantly blaming you for it? typical woman. lol.
upload_2015-2-20_11-30-46.jpeg

Attachments

• upload_2015-2-20_11-29-49.jpeg
    upload_2015-2-20_11-29-49.jpeg
    7 KB · Views: 14
Ah, good old gorilla tape! A couple years ago I got sick of looking at the seat on my motorcycle falling apart and decided to do something about it. Could I have bought another one? Sure, money was a little less constrained than what it is now, but me being a frugal bastard just decided to patch up the existing one. Got a roll of that stuff figuring it was the most badass tape around, and I was right. That bike went through downpours (both with me riding, and it just sitting at work) hot summer days and bitter cold temps during the winter and none of those strips of tape ripped, peeled off backwards, or anything else. I've gotta get a picture so you guys can see.

Ya know, I gotta wonder about the longevity of the "tape" in storage.
I bought a roll for the shop truck. First use... not so much sticky. It sat in the truck tool box for about a year through hot n cold days. I also tried patching a convertible top with it. The patch lasted less than a month. Musta been the roll though. The temporary garage I got from a friend has had Gorilla Tape patches that he applied 5-6 years ago and they're just now starting to come off.

No it isn't "typical woman" . A few of us are enlightened and are quite aware of the glue's expansion and mess. I've noticed the "typical man" often embellishes his stories to make it her fault.

Oh, and this "typical woman" has had a roll of gorilla tape around for years. It will come off when used on a home made hot tub cover. It fails when exposed to the steam and moisture. It also fails when exposed to weather. It'll last for a while, but will fail. It holds rain gear together a bit longer than duck tape but will fail in the brush like most slapped on repairs. It won't last forever. It is a step up from duck duct tape.

No it isn't "typical woman" . A few of us are enlightened and are quite aware of the glue's expansion and mess. I've noticed the "typical man" often embellishes his stories to make it her fault.

:lol: looks like I made a new friend !!! lol. hey slowp, the "lol" stands for "laugh out loud" and it means I am joking. savvy?? In all fairness though, I have another joke maybe you'll like~~~ what's a mans idea of a 7 course meal? a 6pack and a hot dog.~~~ lol.

I wish there was a way I could type that would relay all the sarcasm I'm trying to say. (light bulb):surprised3: everything in italics is packed full of sarcasm.:rock:
i has smart brains!!!!

Dress forms. hmmmm The attached story didn't paste. Anyway, she uses it to make vintage dresses to her clients exact size. Makes the dress from duct tape then cuts up the back and uses it to make patterns to make the dress.
Hupte, it is your fault. The circle is complete.
ducttape1.jpg

Gorilla tape is awesome!!!! I hit a deer with the wifes Saturn. At 10 years old I wasn't about to get any body work done so I fixed it myself. I taped all or the cracked body panels back together and even repaired the headlight bracket. I drove it around for a few monthes before we traded in for another car. the tape was exposed to rain, sun 100 temps 70 mph on the high way and it never peeled off.

Back