crankshaft to bearings

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks, Im assuming placing the crank and bearing in the freezer might help a bit.
It helps bet you only get a 50 deg differential . Heat the case to about 400-450 deg with a heat gun and a room temp bearing will literally drop in . On the pto side install a old oil pump first to stop the bearing wear it needs to be

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any moron knows about tapping cold bearings into place. No one said much about the taper, or whatever, but who give a ****...

You have to promise to stick around here, you knothead!!!!!! Hell, Llamabert is back, this site is in some serious need for
some action!!!!!!
I don't tap them in place, I drop em in place. Man my freezer is cold. Sometimes I have to wait 15 minutes before I can scoop my ice cream while on break, opps, I mean while working hard at the saw bench..

It helps bet you only get a 50 deg differential . Heat the case to about 400-450 deg with a heat gun and a room temp bearing will literally drop in . On the pto side install a old oil pump first to stop the bearing wear it needs to be

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Easy peasy once you have a heat gun.

Actually if installing bearings in the cases you want you bearings at room temperature. I've found that if heating the case at 275 degrees and dropping the bearing in it cools the case down before the bearing has a chance to get all of the way down to where it needs to be.room temperature does better for me.
Hardlyt 3..2...1

Depends on the interference. :dizzy:

But seriously I've had bike engines where 250 degrees on the cases and room temp bearings were not a slip fit.

I also hold the bearings down in the bore until the temps normalize. I've had them raise up if not held down.

Some people don't like over 225, I've always used 250 for 30 min.

But seriously I've had bike engines where 250 degrees on the cases and room temp bearings were not a slip fit.

I also hold the bearings down in the bore until the temps normalize. I've had them raise up if not held down.

Check the video out in the beginning where the Engish guy sands them about halfway through the vid.

So, is the outer bearing width true from front to back?
Never worried about none of that. If I got the right bearing according to the IPL its going in one way or the other. Jackhammer or shot from a cannon that SOB is going in that case. Lucky me I've never had a issue installing crank bearings. I have come across some case halves in which the bearing spun and ruined the case. In that deal its best to just throw the saw away. Case halves are costly. Higher than two bar nuts for sure, LOL

By gawd, 20,000 posts, and you don't have a pic of a half naked girl........
Well I'm old. Wait a minute you are too by Joe. Half naked women tant good for our hearts, that fast pidder padder in the chest might cause us ole timers to fall over dead. I always tell myself to look slowly and breath deeply while staring,hehe

jar944:5237492 said:

Possibly the difference between aluminum and magnesium.really can't tell you the difference but I'm sure there is a difference between heat dissipation and resistance between them.

Latest posts

Back