The Descriptive Process

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is land owner issue. He ticked off some previous clients and they are debating whether they are going to let him trough their land to access this next job. They own the only access point.

The previous logger that the mill hired left a bad mess. There where also some security cameras on a gate that where tampered with. The owners suspect that there are loads that they didn't get paid for. The owners have more money than Rockefeller.

This is land owner issue. He ticked off some previous clients and they are debating whether they are going to let him trough their land to access this next job. They own the only access point.

The previous logger that the mill hired left a bad mess. There where also some security cameras on a gate that where tampered with. The owners suspect that there are loads that they didn't get paid for. The owners have more money than Rockefeller.

Sounds like a damn mess. Are you married to Colorado or could you work some place else?

I wouldn't mind going home to the U.P. one bit. The problem here in Colorado is that I have a house that I can't sell. Its too far underwater. If I walk away the bank can and will take everything else that I own in addition to the house (Colorado law).

I tried to post a google earth picture of the dice units that are just east of here, but the technology is beyond my capabilities.

Are these the ones? They're just a couple miles to your east.

dice_maybe_zpspuru6ben.jpg

EDIT: on closer look, those are just landings prepared before a sale. These are more likely the "dice units":

dice_maybe_2_zps6cadiinj.jpg

No, the dice units are PERFECT round dots, either of leave trees or clearcuts north and maybe west a hair from Mt Adams. They were an adaptive management project on retention and non-retention. The district office gets a lot of phone calls about them. I doubt any research is continuing due to the changing of people and budgets.

Your photo looks like the Cowlitz Valley. I'm thinking those might be helicopter units that my neighbor cut on. He said they boated across the river and hiked in to some ot the units. I'm thinking the logs were flown down to a pasture on the highway side.

AHA! I do remember something about those. Was it part of the Long-Term Ecosystem Study? We have part of that study on out land, but you'd have to know it was there to see it. There's nothing so dramatic here.

Also: five bucks says that "User 'treeswarper'" is you.

AHA! I do remember something about those. Was it part of the Long-Term Ecosystem Study? We have part of that study on out land, but you'd have to know it was there to see it. There's nothing so dramatic here.

Also: five bucks says that "User 'treeswarper'" is you.

Sounds like it is since it is supposed to go on for 100 years or maybe 80 by now.

Back