crankshaft to bearings

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I'm old. Wait a minute you are too by Joe. Half naked women tant good for our hearts, that fast pidder padder in the chest might cause us ole timers to fall over dead. I always tell myself to look slowly and breath deeply while staring,hehe

Yeah, If I fell over dead now, these guys would be turning over cars out in the parking lot!!!!!!!

Yeah, If I fell over dead now, these guys would be turning over cars out in the parking lot!!!!!!!
Well just look slowly and breath deeply when you staring at those half naked women and you'll be ok. The only thing that will kill you is me if you don't send me her picture,hehe

any one ever sand down crank journals or turn down crank to make it fit in bearings instead of fighting the fit and what would be hazards associated with this ? I see a guy on youtube that does this! Just wondering thanks in advance.By the way the saw is a 044 Stihl and this is my first rebuild>
You see alot of crap on you tube.

If you heat the case correctly the bearing will drop in . Let it sit for a few mins and the bearing will soak up the heat from the case . Then you can drop the crank into that side . Rinse and repeat and vwala all together

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I put the flywheel side bearing on the crankshaft first. I then heat the case and drop that assembly in. Like you say, it should fall right in. The PTO side I install into the case first, then pull the case halves together. Finally, I center the crank with a brass hammer.

how bout an Introduction here.My Mind is Smoking?I'm not Smoing my friends Friggen Crack either.There's some Inside **** going on or something???? How bout filling in the "Kids"?Apparently somebody earlier in the day knew Mr.Bill "Harley T. Harley T knows Mr.Hall Brad Knows Mr Hall.??????? old crew picking on the Kid's or WTF? I'll catch up when i get back from the VA in the morning when i take my uncle for radiation.

how bout an Introduction here.My Mind is Smoking?I'm not Smoing my friends Friggen Crack either.There's some Inside **** going on or something???? How bout filling in the "Kids"?Apparently somebody earlier in the day knew Mr.Bill "Harley T. Harley T knows Mr.Hall Brad Knows Mr Hall.??????? old crew picking on the Kid's or WTF? I'll catch up when i get back from the VA in the morning when i take my uncle for radiation.
THall is teaching me to quit buying saws off eBay. His shop is 3 minutes from my house, so he does exist. In his videos, you only see his hands and a Pall Mall unfiltered, but the rest is like Yoda. He does front and backflips around the shop from bench to bench doing multiple rebuilds at once, and seldom charges beyond parts. I'm lucky he's patient. He's an excellent teacher.

this is phucked! lone wolf, chris-PA, blsnelling, jughead are just some of the guys i like most on forums. there are other sites that diss some of the best members i know. why? cause others don't like it when someone else know more then them or if that person sticks up for themself and the only way to feel good is the attack that individual. there are people here who have for the most part moved to another site who ***** and moaned about every little ****'n thing and then bitched and moaned more just cause one person ***** and moaned once. a bunch of hypocrites they are. alot of these guys don't have a clue what they are talking about and yet they would go into a thread to support someone who they thought knew what they were talking about cause they were part of their group when really they both didn't know what they were talking about. i'm sure lots of people hate me and i really don't give a ****. i used to try help anyone i could on here which is the way everyone should be. my contributions have diminished to nothing because of these guys and apparently the guys who do contribute (real contributions, not a bunch of ****'n ********) are the ones who are ruining AS. i argue my point and if i am proven wrong i admit my ignorance in the open forum where i was argueing. i don't give a ****. i'm here to learn and talk about saws, not argue with a bunch of little bitches. if there is no talk about saws i'm not gonna contribute to the BS alot of people bring to the forum as that is not why i joined. if that was why i joined i'd just be on facebook instead. alot of guys here say alot of new members run off the newbies when really they are the ones going into threads and making them feel unwelcome right from the start. a friendly correction is all that is needed but instead the guys just troll the guy on his first post. these guys claim others make AS like facebook when really they are the ones i see making it that way. brush ape never bothered me. i don't recall ever having a run in with him and he did know something about saws despite what others say. maybe not alot but at least something and at least most of his contributions were actually originally about saws before someone went in and threw sand in his face. of course, he did troll certain people but everyone does that once in a while. as long as the few good members here don't leave i'll keep dropping in but as soon as the site is taken over by off topic hooligans i'll be gone.

this is phucked! lone wolf, chris-PA, blsnelling, jughead are just some of the guys i like most on forums. there are other sites that diss some of the best members i know. why? cause others don't like it when someone else know more then them or if that person sticks up for themself and the only way to feel good is the attack that individual. there are people here who have for the most part moved to another site who ***** and moaned about every little ****'n thing and then bitched and moaned more just cause one person ***** and moaned once. a bunch of hypocrites they are. alot of these guys don't have a clue what they are talking about and yet they would go into a thread to support someone who they thought knew what they were talking about cause they were part of their group when really they both didn't know what they were talking about. i'm sure lots of people hate me and i really don't give a ****. i used to try help anyone i could on here which is the way everyone should be. my contributions have diminished to nothing because of these guys and apparently the guys who do contribute (real contributions, not a bunch of ****'n ********) are the ones who are ruining AS. i argue my point and if i am proven wrong i admit my ignorance in the open forum where i was argueing. i don't give a ****. i'm here to learn and talk about saws, not argue with a bunch of little bitches. if there is no talk about saws i'm not gonna contribute to the BS alot of people bring to the forum as that is not why i joined. if that was why i joined i'd just be on facebook instead. alot of guys here say alot of new members run off the newbies when really they are the ones going into threads and making them feel unwelcome right from the start. a friendly correction is all that is needed but instead the guys just troll the guy on his first post. these guys claim others make AS like facebook when really they are the ones i see making it that way. brush ape never bothered me. i don't recall ever having a run in with him and he did know something about saws despite what others say. maybe not alot but at least something and at least most of his contributions were actually originally about saws before someone went in and threw sand in his face. of course, he did troll certain people but everyone does that once in a while. as long as the few good members here don't leave i'll keep dropping in but as soon as the site is taken over by off topic hooligans i'll be gone.
Good post man. Don't let the trolls ruin it for you just tell them to go to hell! They act worse then little teen girls actually. Talk about no life right? No doubt they are chicken *****.

You fellas are just too sensitive, you should have been around years ago during the porting wars, that was fun. Don`t take things so serious, these old hands have been there n done that + seen it all. Razzing the newbies has to be brought into check though, they don`t have the experience or background on these old hands and take the posts too seriously I have known through this site Tommy, John, Harley, and many more of them from since I joined, I would not allow them to go too far with their kidding around but its just their nature. All the guys that have joined over the last couple of years have had it real easy and have gotten used to threads just being straight forward and mostly serious, get to the point and fix the problem threads. These old hands just want to stir things up a little, adds some excitement to their boring lives and brings back memories of the old glory days. Be patient and don`t engage them if you don`t like what they post, this is the internet and open to all if they stay within the guidelines.
Note to the old hands though, reign it in on harassing the newbies, we don`t need to run them off, they won`t take over AS and leave you homeless...LOL

You fellas are just too sensitive, you should have been around years ago during the porting wars, that was fun. Don`t take things so serious, these old hands have been there n done that + seen it all. Razzing the newbies has to be brought into check though, they don`t have the experience or background on these old hands and take the posts too seriously I have known through this site Tommy, John, Harley, and many more of them from since I joined, I would not allow them to go too far with their kidding around but its just their nature. All the guys that have joined over the last couple of years have had it real easy and have gotten used to threads just being straight forward and mostly serious, get to the point and fix the problem threads. These old hands just want to stir things up a little, adds some excitement to their boring lives and brings back memories of the old glory days. Be patient and don`t engage them if you don`t like what they post, this is the internet and open to all if they stay within the guidelines.
Note to the old hands though, reign it in on harassing the newbies, we don`t need to run them off, they won`t take over AS and leave you homeless...LOL
Web forums change - just go look at some old threads and see how many names there are that are not around any more. Who says the way things were several years ago must be OK forever? As to having it "easy" - perhaps some of us don't want to participate in a group that behaves as people did here once upon a time.

I'm 51, and while I was not here in the early days of AS I was out in the world experiencing life and interacting with people, and I've formed my own opinions of what I want to participate in and what I don't. I'm hardly going to try to change a group like AS, other than by trying to behave as I think is appropriate, but I can certainly decide it's not worth my time. I've done that before.

I know damn well Fish is knowledgeable and often used to like his posts, but a man's skills and knowledge don't mean a damn to me if they can't be shared with grace.

I have thick skin and I do know this is the internet. The hypocritical BS from a lot of older members are what grinds my gears. I can't think of any better description of a keyboard warrior then them and yet they will call others that. Posting about things they hate, people they hate, whiners. Etc....... When they are all of what they say they're not. Not you though jerry. I'm very sure you know damn well who I'm talking about. There one post in the trader about a small husky. Sure the guy sounded like a prick to begin with the the first post was definitely not helpful at all. To many theads like that brought on by the same few who ***** about others doing it when they are the only ones I see doing it. No worries though. Like I said, as long as the good members stick around so will I.

Now Shane..........

I'm pretty sure you know what trolling is.

These fellers got trolled........it's just that simple. :laugh:

Latest posts

Back