Romeos

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had been buying these slip on cheapies from Cabela's. I would wear them about 18 months until there was nothing left. Last time I decided to upgrade to get some thing that would last longer. I bought a pair of Keen slip ons. Leather and a kind-of lugged sole. They retailed for about triple what the Cabela's shoe went for but I found the Keens in the bargain cave and haggled them down quite a bit further. Well the $120 retail Keens lasted right about 2 months before the whole side blew out of both shoes. I have very narrow feet and weigh under a buck sixty so the problem wasn't that. I also found that the treads where horrible in the snow. PURE JUNK.

I also bought a new pair of Sorels. My last pair of Sorels lasted over 20 winters and never did come apart and I wore the snot out of those things They just got so bald on the bottom that taking them outside was like walking on inner tubes. Anyway I bought a new pair with fancy wool liners. Warm and comfortable just like my old ones, but with great traction. The problem is I wore them no more than a dozen times and only around the yard before they disintegrated. The lower rubber part checked and cracked right where it flexed on both boots. Then yesterday the sole on the left boot decided to come 1/4 of the way off. I was under the crummy trying to replace rear shocks and discovered the my foot was really wet. That was because the boot was jammed full of snow. I guess that's to be expected though. I mean, what do I expect for $140? What a joke. They cost right about $12 each time I wore them. They are no longer useable. PURE JUNK.

I will never ever buy either of these brands again.
i got the skinny feet too silver. what you wearin in the woods in the summer? i don't use corks but a logger heel is a must. i'm almost ready for new ones. i saw madsens had the carolina domestic on sale for 160. bet they out of D width.

I wore Georgia's until now I just received red dawgs and really like'em and there not made in China.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Those very shoes. I do have different laces on them if that makes a difference. They're a bit darker, too, from the Obenauf's.

20150227_072532_zpsebu13fm0.jpg
i wear the Hiker version of these and absolutely love them. I have two pairs going now (oldest pair is three years and counting) and will buy more when the time comes. saw chips don't stick into the lining which is nice at the end of a rare day of sawing. Hands down the most comfortable thing that has ever been on my feet. I have never owned custom made footwear though.

i got the skinny feet too silver. what you wearin in the woods in the summer? i don't use corks but a logger heel is a must. i'm almost ready for new ones. i saw madsens had the carolina domestic on sale for 160. bet they out of D width.

I wore a pair of ancient steel toed Irish Setter boots this past season. C width. I don't think that is a real animal anymore. Everything seems to be D width or wider these days. I am thinking off- the - shelf Wescos will be next. I have a pair of Cabela's logger boots that are super comfortable, but the heel is too high. It's constantly caught on brush and staubs.

Hands down the most comfortable thing that has ever been on my feet.

If I do buy another pair, I'll get them 1/2 size smaller and as wide as they make 'em. It is a bit cramped about midway, and my heel wanders around a bit. They are still comfortable in spite of these misgivings. Like I said, I have weird feet - a little bit bowlegged, a little bit of flat arches, a little bit of plantar fasciitis... it all adds up to feet that eat shoes due to fast uneven wear, and almost always hurt. I'm way overdue for a trip to a podiatrist for real orthotics.

boy we got some messed up feet huh? i have a flat foot and really narrow heel.
silver i think the carolina domestics come in c but note sure..........the problem i run into is they always seem out of stock. 11 must be popular lol.

georgias here no problems i two and a half years. get them for 60 bucks. easy on easy off.

boy we got some messed up feet huh? i have a flat foot and really narrow heel.
silver i think the carolina domestics come in c but note sure..........the problem i run into is they always seem out of stock. 11 must be popular lol.

It looks like they make them in B, D, EE, 3E and 4E. Man with a 4E I could put my feet in sideways or maybe put both feet in one boot

TS. Just go to the Baileys site. Their corks have the spring heel. Not sure I've ever seen them on a non-cork boot, but they may be out there?

so........i seem to be screwed on boots........i ordered a pair and was told they were in stock.......well after i paid guess what? they are out of stock! i am pissed..........but still need boots. every one seems to be out of them in 11B. think i saw madsens sells them, any body got the phone number? if not i might try the red dawgs........just afraid they to wide. i kinda need um now, these kinda went to hell fast now. i need to take care of the next pair.

think i saw madsens sells them, any body got the phone number? if not i might try the red dawgs........just afraid they to wide. i kinda need um now, these kinda went to hell fast now. i need to take care of the next pair.
360-736-1336

Call quick, I don't know their hours.

Edit, just checked, you have just over an hour.

so........i seem to be screwed on boots........i ordered a pair and was told they were in stock.......well after i paid guess what? they are out of stock! i am pissed..........but still need boots. every one seems to be out of them in 11B. think i saw madsens sells them, any body got the phone number? if not i might try the red dawgs........just afraid they to wide. i kinda need um now, these kinda went to hell fast now. i need to take care of the next pair.

See if I can do this without old people glasses. Madsen's phone number is 360 736-1336. Better hurry. They will close soon and are not open on Sundays.

Back