PILTZ: Master HOT SAW builder (...not)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"Saw chain is not proprietary to any make or model of saw, that means any saw CAN run any saw chain. Regardless of whether it may or may not be advisable to do so any chain can be made to fit any saw."

And here i was thinking that the manufactures like Stihl and Husky recommended maximum bar lengths for a reason. That reason being mainly the saws construction, power and torque and oiling capacity.
Now i see the light now stupid of me. :dumb2:

Always been interested to try out 404 chain with a 20" bar on my T540XP. It would make it much easier to reach some of those cuts that a 14" just cant manage. :D

I do like those dawgs on my ms360.they do help with stumping BUT. They have them so sharp that you do have to watch.they are on the verge of being dangerous.i really need to dull them down with a file.
As far as the big dawgs on a 170-250 with a big bar it won't work for long.hell i put a bigger carb and muffler modded my little 170 the other day and it stripped out the oiler gear.:laugh: of course its an old saw and the gear was getting old.

"Saw chain is not proprietary to any make or model of saw, that means any saw CAN run any saw chain. Regardless of whether it may or may not be advisable to do so any chain can be made to fit any saw."

Had a guy ask me if I could get ripping chain as he wanted to try milling with his 40cc plastic Poulan. I burst his bubble in a gentle manner.

It's kind of sad really. I would not be able to sleep at night knowing that I had sold products by mis-representing them. I've always thought it would be cool to put a fifth wheel unit on the back seat of a Harley so you could pull a gooseneck trailer with your motorcycle. Only mod needed is a smaller rear sprocket and a larger rear tire so it is able to go faster!!! :innocent:

He is doing the same thing as the guy selling a 6 cylinder Dodge Charger or a Fart Can resonater muffler for a ford focus. He is helping people pretend they are big bad serious wood cutters. Havent you seen some hunter sporting a 30-30 with a 20x turrent adjustable scope same thing really. Spoilers on the back of Dodge Neon the list goes on. These sort of people are weekend worriors and will never be anything more. My own bil uses a camo foot long rambo knife for a hunting knife, i dont think he has ever shot a deer in his life. Some / many people search out stuff like this so they can be the cool guy in the neighborhood . There will always be some simple people that look up to them, and you will NEVER change thier mind.

"We started selling chain saw products because we are painfully aware of how uneducated the general participant in this industry is, yes that includes the manufactures"

This quote here we sees the uneducated manufacturers specify max lengths for their chains that this business advises exceeding. Not going to bother with the displacement ratings on the chain at this point.
Wonder if I can get some .404 and a 32" bar for my squeel killer?

Attachments

• DSCF0558.jpg
    DSCF0558.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 94
Havent you seen some hunter sporting a 30-30 with a 20x turrent adjustable scope same thing really. Spoilers on the back of Dodge Neon the list goes on. These sort of people are weekend worriors and will never be anything more. My own bil uses a camo foot long rambo knife for a hunting knife, i dont think he has ever shot a deer in his life. Some / many people search out stuff like this so they can be the cool guy in the neighborhood . There will always be some simple people that look up to them, and you will NEVER change thier mind.
Lots of those here on AS.[emoji1]

Anyway, now he is writing 'expert' pearls of wisdom like, "Our favorite saw is the MS880 with 3/8 X 9 tooth sprocket on a 42 inch bar, we have 1000s of hours on that setup." or, "Big saws and short bars (Very Dangerous)", and We consider anything under 32 inches a short bar & anything under 24 very short. The guy is a complete douchebag, and I would love to see him come on this site and post this crap and get trashed, so of course he never will. Keep in mind that its fiction at best...

http://www.ebay.com/gds/A-word-abou...gs-and-Chisel-Chain-/10000000177885639/g.html

:lol::lol::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

Oh, and a word from him about us arborists:

We get plenty of (experts) coming to our EBay store thinking they know something because they are an arborist and they insist on telling us how stupid we are, let me explain something; A good timber feller can fell more trees in a week then an arborist falls in a year. It takes an average timber feller 2 years to become proficient, (not an expert but proficient), an arborist will never gain that much chainsaw experience in 2 lifetimes.

:lol::laughing::laughing::laughing: A really "funny" dude!

He is doing the same thing as the guy selling a 6 cylinder Dodge Charger or a Fart Can resonater muffler for a ford focus. He is helping people pretend they are big bad serious wood cutters. Havent you seen some hunter sporting a 30-30 with a 20x turrent adjustable scope same thing really. Spoilers on the back of Dodge Neon the list goes on. These sort of people are weekend worriors and will never be anything more. My own bil uses a camo foot long rambo knife for a hunting knife, i dont think he has ever shot a deer in his life. Some / many people search out stuff like this so they can be the cool guy in the neighborhood . There will always be some simple people that look up to them, and you will NEVER change thier mind.
Well on a positive note it does make the posers stand out and are readily spotted so you know what you are dealing with. ;)

$_3.JPG

The bar is awesome :rock:

It means he is the proprietor of his ideas and therefore takes ownership of them. Proprietary is a derivative of the word property. Piltz is the proprietor of proprietary power saws.

Back