my dads old 111!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Klayton

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I got this saw from my dad a while back and yesterday i put new ring in it just to make sure (did not know how many hours on the saw). I also painted the bar with some wheel paint from orileys. I thought it looked pretty good. Its a fun saw to run, not the fastest especially compared to my 372, but has stood the test of time.

Attachments

• P3010002.jpg
    P3010002.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 101
  • P3010003.jpg
    P3010003.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 88
ya its got a 15 inch bar, really throws the guys at the local stihl dealer off when i have to get them make me a chain.

They are nice saws, little brother to the 115 but act like a bigger saw than what they are. I just got another 111 that got hit in a felling accident, it will soon be out cutting again.

Nice saw .
I get the same look when I went to get a chain for my olympyk 980 it has a 20" bar I think it is a D 009 setup and the guy kept saying it has 70 or 72 DL and I said no it has 71.

I got this saw from my dad a while back and yesterday i put new ring in it just to make sure (did not know how many hours on the saw). I also painted the bar with some wheel paint from orileys. I thought it looked pretty good. Its a fun saw to run, not the fastest especially compared to my 372, but has stood the test of time.

Looks good and ready to go and do some cutting!

Big cc and HP difference compared to a 372XP. Not surprised the 372 cuts faster. I have a 111i (Makita version DCS520i) and also recently acquired a very low hours Dolmar 115i. They are very well constructed saws and also cut very well, especially the 115i.

Back