Echo CS-590 for $175....should I?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thachman

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Have a chance to pick up a 6-month old CS-590 that looks like it's never been cleaned or had the chain sharpened, but nothing's broken and it runs good. I don't really need another saw, but is this a good enough deal that I shouldn't pass it up?

I suppose if I cleaned it up real good, I might even make a few bucks if I resell it, no?

Haha, thanks guys. I can't make it out to meet him until tomorrow, so hopefully he'll still have it when I get off work tomorrow afternoon. If I get it, I'll put up some pics.

Have a chance to pick up a 6-month old CS-590 that looks like it's never been cleaned or had the chain sharpened, but nothing's broken and it runs good. I don't really need another saw, but is this a good enough deal that I shouldn't pass it up?

I suppose if I cleaned it up real good, I might even make a few bucks if I resell it, no?
How do you know it runs good?
Or is that just what he told you?
175$ isn't bad , I have 600p, I got cheap but there were a few issues auto oiler , ignition coil etc.. Just sayin check it out good first

Yeah, so far I'm taking his word for it. Figured I'd check compression and look it over really good if he still has it tomorrow. Really just looks neglected in the photos.

Yup,
Yeah, so far I'm taking his word for it. Figured I'd check compression and look it over really good if he still has it tomorrow. Really just looks neglected in the photos.
Yup, definitely do that also check to make sure oil comes out of the pump to the bar I had 600p oiler pump gear was mashed and didn't work.
Good luck it is a good saw at any rate

i've seen "junk" non-running 590s go for nearly that.

if it runs and ain't broke --grab it!!!

Oh look! Dang! an Echo 590 in the Auto trader.For $175 Daaang!
images

Do not ask, just go and get it. Then post some "i suck" photos for all to see the great saw you got for so little $. :happy:

I suck also by the way as i got a brand new 590 but without the original box for under $300 US delivered to me here in Australia! :surprised3: I know i still can't believe i paid so little. :envy:

The seller ended up being out of town yesterday, but we're supposed to meet up today as long as we don't get iced in this morning. Damn this weather.

I promise I'll post pics if/when I get it.

Anyone actually know what the Echo official Hp figure is for the 590? Guessing from using them that it is around 4 Hp. I know Echo doesn't readily publish these figure but certain countries Echo websites did have the specs at one time or another but i can't remember now what it was? :(

After running my Wicked Work Saw 550xp now for several weeks, i am really upset that i did not get the Echo 590 ported in the US before it was sent to me. My 590 is Brand new and never touched wood, just been started a few times. Was planning on selling it but the more i talk about the 590 the more i want to keep it. Really don't need running saw number 26 but the CAD is strong with this one! :rolleyes:

Pull the muff and look inside. But yeah if you buy it make a few mods with the muffler and get rid of tuning caps you can make that saw run good and make some extra $ for maybe an hour of work

Picked up the saw today.. It is dirty as all get out, but it looks like it will clean up well. Started on the first pull, and nothing is broken. Just the usual scratches and nicks in the plastic from use. The original bar has been replaced with an Oregon bar, as he said they accidentally bent the factory bar the first day he used it.

I wasn't expecting to meet the guy today, so I didn't have my compression gauge or a T 27 driver to pull the muffler, so I went ahead and took a gamble that it's got good compression and the piston looks good.

The guy said he bought it at Home Depot, and he still had the original box and accessories.

Pictures to follow. Hopefully I can get a chance to go over everything real well tonight.

Lots of plastic on that saw, and not a very good power to weight ratio - but it still should be worth that much if in good shape under the crud.

Latest posts

Back