The Burning Bush

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Zogger for congress!!! :yes:

Years ago I actually wrote out a small article on this subject. A very open transparent monetary supply and governmental funding framework.

As to politics, many moons ago I explored it, but I determined-rather quickly- the system was so rotten and corrupt I wanted nothing to do with it. You either compromise with the deal making and bribery/blackmail and assorted corruption that goes on, or ..people who insist on being honest and righteously trying to do their jobs and do good, if they won't back off and go away, most of the time I think they off those people in creative ways, like "accidents" such as plane crashes or "suicides".

Man is it cold! It was raining this morning, during the inspection walk, lake flush and chores, but not that bad. now, geeeez! This is the wettest coldest wind of the winter. It's like flexible ice... Pulled a few more armloads from the siberian polar vortex express stash...

Finally got my taxes done, sheesh..can we please either have a simple flat rate, or how about since they print the stuff up out of thin air, just skip the tax and directly fund the goobermint based on actual GDP every year, and just print out a set percentage??
Can not allow that, it would remove too many gubmit workers from the payroll.

or how about since they print the stuff up out of thin air, just skip the tax and directly fund the goobermint based on actual GDP every year, and just print out a set percentage??
Trying my best to keep a lid on the contempt I have for the serious disconnection that greed has manufactured for unjustified, immoral advantage. I can scarcely believe how utterly pathetic so many of our societies have become, or the abject failures in our duty of good stewardship we have allowed ourselves to ignore for so long.

I hope future generations will treat ours with the contempt it deserves.

I'm going to hire a hooker tomorrow.

db_file_img_3247_1000x1000.jpg

Not sure if she charges by the hour or cord .

Finally got my taxes done, sheesh...
Normally I have mine done by mid-February, ain't even looked at them yet this year.

Likely sit down this weekend and fight through the chore. It usually requires a box-o-beer, but things get more complicated every year we get older... might just require two boxes this time. I've always prepared my own taxes, and plannin' on doin' the same this year... but I always say it's the last time when I finish.

Readin' the tax code is like drivin' flat-out, at night, with no headlamps... grit your teeth and pray you don't miss the curve...

Would be fair to say, as much as I hate paying taxes etc, at least I don't have to worry like you guys about working it all out, wages etc are taxed and netted. what you get is what you get.

A flat roof attached to the outfall of the valley between two 6/12 gables...ice dams...GRRR! :chainsaw::crazy2: :dumb2: :blob2:
I'm in the same situation. Ice dams this year are as bad as anything I've ever seen. After the bathroom exhaust ven started to leak, I spent a couple hours on the roof clearing a channel.

I'm in the same situation. Ice dams this year are as bad as anything I've ever seen. After the bathroom exhaust ven started to leak, I spent a couple hours on the roof clearing a channel.
The worst part about mine is that I had it re-roofed a few years back, complete tear off, used premium materials, and I stressed to the roofer many times that I want it done right even if it cost me more than he quoted (he was bellyaching about it taking longer/being more complicated than what he quoted for) Specifically this particular spot was to get attention to detail because it was a problem before (bad design) Looking back on it I think he should have done this area first instead of last although I understand why it was done last. I suppose I shouldn't be surprised that it leaks, I think he was in a hurry to get things wrapped up because they were there all week and he had only planned on 3 days. Just not sure what to do with it now, "patch it up" or tear it back off myself. We are way past his "warranty" period at this point although I did mention a problem while we were in warranty, he said the high winds we had drove water to places it wouldn't normally go so I left it go. Now it leaks every spring when snow melt comes and sometimes during heavy rains. I haven't made a federal case out of it because the roofer is family (my bad! won't do that again) Fortunately it is above an entry way and not actually in the house...still, GRRR!

Would be fair to say, as much as I hate paying taxes etc, at least I don't have to worry like you guys about working it all out, wages etc are taxed and netted. what you get is what you get.

It's the most convoluted insane complex ridiculous hunka junk ever designed by man. It's the result of generations of "deals" going on in congress, designed to punish some people, reward others, depending on their vote or campaign contributions.

I once did a personal experiment, I did my taxes, then paid two different professional tax preparers to do it as well. We got three different outcomes.

The worst part about mine is that I had it re-roofed a few years back, complete tear off, used premium materials, and I stressed to the roofer many times that I want it done right even if it cost me more than he quoted (he was bellyaching about it taking longer/being more complicated than what he quoted for) Specifically this particular spot was to get attention to detail because it was a problem before (bad design) Looking back on it I think he should have done this area first instead of last although I understand why it was done last. I suppose I shouldn't be surprised that it leaks, I think he was in a hurry to get things wrapped up because they were there all week and he had only planned on 3 days. Just not sure what to do with it now, "patch it up" or tear it back off myself. We are way past his "warranty" period at this point although I did mention a problem while we were in warranty, he said the high winds we had drove water to places it wouldn't normally go so I left it go. Now it leaks every spring when snow melt comes and sometimes during heavy rains. I haven't made a federal case out of it because the roofer is family (my bad! won't do that again) Fortunately it is above an entry way and not actually in the house...still, GRRR!

If I ever move back up north (not likely but ya never know...) A frame all the way! Russian masonry heater, built in the basement, with an A frame built over and around that.

I'm so grateful/thankful that divine providence granted me the ability to gather, store and burn all this fine seasoned firewood during this brutal winter...

...in the middle of the night it's a good thing when you can reload over minimum coals close the door and hit the sack' knowing that a flaming hot fire is an assured done deal.

It's the most convoluted insane complex ridiculous hunka junk ever designed by man. It's the result of generations of "deals" going on in congress, designed to punish some people, reward others, depending on their vote or campaign contributions.

I once did a personal experiment, I did my taxes, then paid two different professional tax preparers to do it as well. We got three different outcomes.
factoid!! makes you wonder about them,,if they are as bad as lawyers. take your money,,no responibility..and off they go!!

Latest posts

Back