February is coldest month on record in Ontario and Quebec:

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We've had a record winter too, but just the opposite. Warm temps and not much snow.

The 2015 Old Farmer's Almanac weather prediction for your area predicted this exactly. Warm temps and little snow. The book also predicted cold winter and above average precipitation for the South. I don't know how they manage to do it, but over the years I've learned to trust the Farmer's Almanac predictions. They do a better job at this than the weather scientists do.

The 2015 Old Farmer's Almanac weather prediction for your area predicted this exactly. Warm temps and little snow. The book also predicted cold winter and above average precipitation for the South. I don't know how they manage to do it, but over the years I've learned to trust the Farmer's Almanac predictions. They do a better job at this than the weather scientists do.
Cause they are farmers man :) :cool:

If the past 21 years stay on track, the next two winter seasons will be just as big/similar for the next two years...especially the 2016/2017 winter season.

Wow!
Weird to have those high temps in Utah and the like. That Yukon pic blows my mind.
Oil, electric and gas companies must love it when the Winters are cold. I guess that's one reason why I burn wood, saves me thousands a year on electric heat.
I still have a few cords of wood, hopefully I can keep some for next year as the two large trees I'm cutting won't be seasoned and ready to burn by then.
One is a very large Red Oak that's storm toppled. The other is also large and I believe it's an Elm or Hickory and is at a friend's place just up the road. He wants it removed.
We had more snow mixed with ice pellets and some freezing rain yesterday so I may need to get up on the roof today and remove some. I have about 28 inches up there now. Lots of weight with rain in the forecast.
Good thing is I have the next two days off work and my back feels strong.

febuary has been rough here my stove seems to vaporize wood if it gets below 5 degrees outside but im glad i cut extra.
no sense in getting caught with my pants down like last febuary.

Officially now the coldest on record.
Lost of snow here too. Last year we had record snowfall and this year is close.
I know one thing, I'm burning lots of wood and lots of wood pellets this heating season.
How are the rest of you fairing?
Its that peskey Global Warming. Clodest in years here too! Ky.

in this part of north central Wis, I heard that since they started recording temperatures here (late 1800's?), this is the first February it did not reach 30F. No wonder my woodpile looks like crap.

in this part of north central Wis, I heard that since they started recording temperatures here (late 1800's?), this is the first February it did not reach 30F. No wonder my woodpile looks like crap.

After last year's winter, I layed in around at least twice as much wood as I used to. My woodpile is still looking good, I'll have a bit left over.
March is also setting records. But it looks like a warmup is on the way.

http://www.weather.com/storms/winter/news/record-cold-early-march

No way I could possibly use more wood than last year, wrong big time..
Southern Ontario had a Saskatchewan winter..

PEKS,
Same here for wood usage.
After the winter from hell who have thought this winter wood be as much or more wood usage.
Feb was a brutal beast in Ont.

Coldest Feb. on record here as well with snow measured in feet not inches. AVE. temp was 4.2 degrees. Don't ya just love a good Polar vortex!

Coldest Feb. on record here as well with snow measured in feet not inches. AVE. temp was 4.2 degrees. Don't ya just love a good Polar vortex!

It's good for business!

Still waiting for all my commission checks..ain't seen a one yet....dang, mad scientist work don't pay like it used to....

Coldest Feb on record here also. Average temp was 12 deg F and snow was just about 24 inches above average for the month. Moving the last of the wood from the racks to the house tomorrow which is about a month's worth. I can always steal from my shop stacks if needed. I'll have to use the loader to dig out the racks, I can't even see them. Completely buried in 4 to 5 foot snow drift.

And I believe last year, the weather guessers said that this was going to be a trend for 4 or 5 years. So far they are right.

In my general area, the average temperature in Feb is 23 degrees. This Feb, the average was 5.2., breaking the 7.4 record set in 1934.

I'm down to about 3 weeks worth of wood, with 6 weeks of burning season to go. Have to dip into next years supply.

I burnt more wood last year and if you recall winter started in December, this year Dec and Jan were a joke, it all started super bowl weekend..6 weeks ago..
Indoor weather station still says we never hit minus 30, minus 28 twice and 26 a few times.
We always had minus 30 for weeks on end as a kid and I remember once the thermometer reading minus 40 where F and C meet.
Im selling wood at a brisk pace...but nothing crazy

Back