Oklahoma,AR,MO,KS,TX GTG (Next GTG 08/27/2016 ) Fort Scott, KS

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wonder if any of you shade tree mechanics might know. 85 f150 carbed . Have spark coming out the coil, new cap and rotor, no spark at the plugs...... any help or suggestions greatly appreciated.

Morning Gents.

Matt got a new toy in for you.

8278%20RF.JPG

Probably be the electronic ignition module.

Could be the ignition module, I've seen where they will crank and put out spark. As soon as you let go of the key they loose spark. Spark coming from coil itself? Or is it making it through the cool wire. If making it through the cool wire then I would do the module.

Hi fellas! Here is the vise.
be12a0bcffbb8f454bf304192a7b4973.jpg

My friend bought out a dealer and has 7 dump trailers to go thru...... I filled the s10 last night! Vic got an xl500!

So..... Now we need a PTO did case half for 084 stihl! Got anything?

Wow! That's a lot of stuff! I need some Husky 371/372 parts (crank and cylinder) and some 361 pieces of you run across any ;). Good score!

The module is mounted on the fender. Orieleys tested it twice says it's good?? The spark tester was hooked to the end of coll where I pulled the boot off. Fellas I appreciate the responses

Those modules are pretty reliable. Plus there's about 10 different possibilities for which type of module. Anywhere from $35-$100. I wouldn't get a module. Try another coil wire. Check the coil tower (the part the wire plugs into) I've seen cracked and carbon tracked towers. Letting the spark slip past the wire and grounding.

Workshop, thank you, and everyone who chimed in. Will pick one up tomorrow "payday" . Been looking to buy small puller for pulling bearings off crank " chainsaw" everything I see has very thick bottom piece would never slip behind bearings. Have seen one w/ very like small flat on the bottom.wbich I think k would be ideal. Anyway thought maybe someone would have a brand name . Or proper nane so I could goggle. I'll shut up now. Thanks again everone.

It could be the pickup coil in the distributor also. I believe that involves yanking the distributor out tho and disassembly of the distributor if memory serves me right.

What is the best way to remove the black tarry gunk from inside a saw cylinder? My miniature USC ain't even touching it. Will a soak in some sea foam or simple green loosen that stuff up?

What is the best way to remove the black tarry gunk from inside a saw cylinder? My miniature USC ain't even touching it. Will a soak in some sea foam or simple green loosen that stuff up?
image.jpg The gallon can down there to the right Berryman Chem-Dip is at any Carquest. The stuff is AMAZING!!!!

Back