• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy Small Generator

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nmurph

ArboristSite.com Sponsor
Reaction score
I'm looking for either a Honda EU1000 or a Yamaha EF1000. I need something to run a couple of fans/cooling mister for the boys when they are playing baseball in the 100° temps this summer.

Cash or Trade.

I just sold an EU 2000 last week . I like rebuilding them as much as saws . They bring good money up here . 600.00 to 700.00 depending on condition .

heck neal, if you were just a week earlier. i just built and sold 8 EU1000i's and 3 2000i's. only got 1 1000i left but it need a flywheel (magnets busted off) and an eco throttle switch. probably actually wouldn't be economical to ship now that i think of it.

I just sold an EU 2000 last week . I like rebuilding them as much as saws . They bring good money up here . 600.00 to 700.00 depending on condition .

Let me know if you come across a 1000. I only need the output of the smaller one and the 2000 is about twice as heavy.

There's some nice smaller ones on eBay for about 3 bills, inverter style.

Those are a crap shoot.

heck neal, if you were just a week earlier. i just built and sold 8 EU1000i's and 3 2000i's. only got 1 1000i left but it need a flywheel (magnets busted off) and an eco throttle switch. probably actually wouldn't be economical to ship now that i think of it.

Keep me in mind. What do you want for the one you have left?

Let me know if you come across a 1000. I only need the output of the smaller one and the 2000 is about twice as heavy.

Those are a crap shoot.

Keep me in mind. What do you want for the one you have left?

I was gonna build it into a working unit to make some profit on it but you can send me a PM with an offer. It is complete as is other then an eco throttle switch. Some hippy removed the switch and just clipped the wires together LOL. I obviously can't guarentee anything as I haven't ran it. I just know what it needs. Magnet on flywheel may be able to be glued back on as that's all that holds them on anyways. Has good compression to the feel. I really like the 1000 too but I got 2 2000's I bridge together. I like to run everything.!got a 7500 for the dryer as well LoL.

You may want to consider the little two stroke generators from Harbor Freight. On sale or with a coupon, these can be had for about $100. I've had one for several years. While I don't use it often, it works when I need it. Not as quiet as the Honda but not bad. I think mine is about 850 watts. It's very small and light and well suited to camping or mobile generation needs.

I have a 1500 watt inverter mounted in my truck was only about 100bucks I think... Would get a 2000 watt if you buy a generator and plan to keep it any time... Too much money to spend on something that isn't useful for much more than a fans and lights.

You may want to consider the little two stroke generators from Harbor Freight. On sale or with a coupon, these can be had for about $100. I've had one for several years. While I don't use it often, it works when I need it. Not as quiet as the Honda but not bad. I think mine is about 850 watts. It's very small and light and well suited to camping or mobile generation needs.

I looked at those and there are just too many bad reviews.

I have a 1500 watt inverter mounted in my truck was only about 100bucks I think... Would get a 2000 watt if you buy a generator and plan to keep it any time... Too much money to spend on something that isn't useful for much more than a fans and lights.

A fan and a light is about all I want to run. I don't want the 2000w bc of the extra weight. I'm going to use this at baseball tournaments and it will be up to my wife much of the time to supply the schlepping power while I'm tied up with the boys. It's often 100° with 98% humidity on game days and most of the dugouts do not have electrical power.

Rural King has 2 stroke Ginny for $100. Probably really similar to the harbor freight ones but I have one and it's been a reliable little unit. I mainly use it to charger batteries. Might want to take a second look at them if you haven't found something else

I saw one at a dealership it was rebuilt . They wanted 400.00 for it .

The honda's are high...seems like rebuilt ones and even clapped out ones bring a premium....or the EU2000I that Ive looked at have anyway. Think I'll just buy a new one this summer.
I hear the yamahas are good too.

If you want to try a reasonable priced Chinese generator that you can get parts for look at the Kipor. I have sold a few to oil field guys and no problems...diesel ones are awesome for what they cost. Generac are over priced for what they are(Chinese built that you can get parts for with lots of advertising to convince you they are the best). Honda are nice but high. The couple Yamaha I have seen are decent but again appear to be Chinese clones of Honda just like kipor and generac

If you want to try a reasonable priced Chinese generator that you can get parts for look at the Kipor. I have sold a few to oil field guys and no problems...diesel ones are awesome for what they cost. Generac are over priced for what they are(Chinese built that you can get parts for with lots of advertising to convince you they are the best). Honda are nice but high. The couple Yamaha I have seen are decent but again appear to be Chinese clones of Honda just like kipor and generac

Kipor are one of the better quality Honda clones (better than the generic private-labeled inverters like the Generac) but parts for their portable inverter generators aren't that easy to come by in the US. They were pretty commonly sold by RV dealerships and such about 8-9 years ago but their popularity has faded since then. They are as quiet as the Hondas. The ones in yellow plastic have the better inverter electronics, for a while Kipor also sold models in Honda red that were cheaper but the electronics weren't as good either. The newer Kipors include the ability to connect 2 of them in parallel to double the power output, much like the Honda except you don't need to buy a "companion" generator.

Yamaha uses their own design, they are not a Honda clone and their build quality is at about the same level as a Honda. One difference is that not all the inverter Yamahas use a fuel pump (the ef1000w doesn't) so unlike the Honda or Kipor you can't rig up an external gas tank using a plastic tank for an outboard motor and keep it at ground level.

The small Generac inverters are a generic Chinese model with burnt-orange plastic and Generac labels. The same generators are sold in white as Honeywell and were sold in both green and blue as ETQ. They're also noticably louder than the Honda/Yamaha/Kipor although nowhere as loud as a contractor generator.

Another decent Chinese inverter generator is the Champion but they discontinued their 1000W model so their smallest new one is 2000W.

BTW, as someone else already inferred Hondas keep their value. You have to be both patient and lucky to manage to pick up a good used one at a good price.

Yamaha uses their own design, they are not a Honda clone and their build quality is at about the same level as a Honda.

good to know. i have only had a couple in the shop to repair the cage and gas tank mounts( construction guys seem to crush alot of equipment) and the little bit that i looked at them they seemed to be a honda clone. i know they are fairly reliable since all i have had to do is repair damage from dropping/ crushing them. Generac seems to be a steady stream of repairs for everything under the sun from not running right to reflashing the field. parts are readily available though and that counts for something. Kipor has been the same as yamaha...just repair damage from dropping them and running them over....the one oil field outfit switched from generac to kipor so time will tell on how many repairs i will have to do and true parts availability. one thing is for sure...the generacs they had were back almost weekly for something and its been 6 months on the kipors without seeing them.

Back