• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Sell Dolmar 5100S

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nmurph

ArboristSite.com Sponsor
Reaction score
I have had the P/C on this saw for a couple of years. It came off of a chassis that was opened up (not known why) and some debris made it's way into the top end. It did some very minor damage to the top of the piston, a very small divot on the intake side of the piston along with a couple of very minor scratches, and some very minor scratches on the exhaust side. None of this will affect performance or durability. I removed the rings and buffed the piston with a green pad. The factory machine marks are still visible. The rings are in perfect shape. There was no evidence of any scuffing or dings in the cylinder plating. I bought the chassis from Joe (Elect6845) and married them together. I checked the innards of the chassis over very well and it checks out fine- the bearings are smooth and there are no cracks or missing parts. The plastics are in nice condition. I deleted the OEM gasket and made one from an aluminum can coated with Yamabond. Squish is a tidy .017". I modded the muffler under the factory opening. It cranks, idles, cuts, and oils as it should. It is a strong stock saw. REMEMBER, THIS SAW HAS A LIMITER AND BECAUSE OF THE SQUISH ADJUSTMENT AND THE MUFFLER MOD, IT WILL HAVE TO BE TUNED IN THE CUT. Carb needle settings have been adjusted from the factory setting and a tach will be useless in tuning.

I will get some more pics tomorrow afternoon.

Priced at $300 + shipping PHO.

82fb139fe1875b3f28283be4480cf8d7.jpg

f62b834503ddcc3ede2f1a2737cf8183.jpg

416009026861d2be08be0f42183fec30.jpg

f72a13e279547146b3dd2e8843fdece5.jpg

Latest posts

Back