New To Me Wood Hauler

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lknchoppers

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I found this nice '91 F250 4x4 Regular Cab, Long Bed down near the South Carolina/North Carolina State Line. No rust and she runs great, everything works as it should except for the AC. This is going to allow me to get to a whole lot more wood than the '86 C20 2wd I have been using. Getting ready to put some wood sides on it.

2015-03-17 17.06.59.jpg

2015-02-28 16.16.52.jpg

Actually the C20 likely has a greater payload being it's 2wd.

Not to say that the Fed won't handle some wood either though.

I have a c30 with 12 ft dump bed and I haul 2 cords in it with no issues.

Thanks guys. Yes I'll be keeping the C20 as well. It just gets stuck so easily. I should be able to carry a cord on this one with 24' sides.

Wow!! A 91 250 without any rust; people around here have dreams of owning a truck like that. we'd call it a clasic and only drive it on sundays.. That be one nice looking ride for sure..

Just come down any place below where they spread salt on the roads, hundreds of thousands of older rides with little to no rust.

You want the *real* cream puffs, head down to any florida retirement community, places with mostly geezers. egads some nice rides, them old guys got nuthin to do but shine up their rides and change the oil, etc, when they ain't fishing.

Just come down any place below where they spread salt on the roads, hundreds of thousands of older rides with little to no rust.

You want the *real* cream puffs, head down to any florida retirement community, places with mostly geezers. egads some nice rides, them old guys got nuthin to do but shine up their rides and change the oil, etc, when they ain't fishing.

How true. Up North they would be worth a bunch, down here they are just the norm. No undercoating either and they still look new underneath. This one has a 302 in it with a 5 speed manual tranny 139k miles. Picked it up for $2800.

I would seriously like to replace my S-10 with a good flatbed. Around here there don't seem to be many at a decent price.

If you want to look at craigslist in the Charlotte, NC & Hickory, NC area we could maybe work out something for me to inspect one for you. Because I wasn't quite ready to buy, I passed on a 1982 Chevy 1 Ton Dually Dump 4x4 with a diesel motor and a 1987 F250 4x4 Diesel with a hidden dump bed in the same price range. A good wood hauler comes up every other month or so around here.

That is purdy for a Ford. Real sharp truck. 460?

Don't see too many in that body style still running around. Farmers run em till they are dead.

Buddy did pick one up for a song not to long ago in similar shape but 2 wheeler. 46,000 miles and Grandpa driven.

I'm glad they use mimimal salt here. When I was in Maine my brother looked at a 93 F350 dump truck.

The tins looked ok... cause they had been mostly replaced. The frame was about as solid as swiss cheese.

Actually the C20 likely has a greater payload being it's 2wd.

Not to say that the Fed won't handle some wood either though.
I would trust the dana 60 or sterling (they came with both i think) in that ford more than the crappy semi-float 14 bolt that came in 3/4 chevys. Full-float 14-bolt? arguably best passenger vehicle rear axle ever made. semi-floating? garbage

I found this nice '91 F250 4x4 Regular Cab, Long Bed down near the South Carolina/North Carolina State Line. No rust and she runs great, everything works as it should except for the AC. This is going to allow me to get to a whole lot more wood than the '86 C20 2wd I have been using. Getting ready to put some wood sides on it.

View attachment 413282

View attachment 413281
bring that up to salt country,,and they be beating down your door to get it............

Around here one ton flat beds a lot setting in the lots around here I had a 99 chevy flat bed dump had to give it to human pound to get read of it as a tax write off. I got offered $1500.00 so I got $6000.00 tax write off.

Back