Husqvarna 576XP won't oil

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ShaneLogs

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
My 576XP won't oil as it should. I have the oiler turned all the way up as I am running a 36" bar and chain on it. Is there something clogged in it ? Oil tank is full of synthetic bar oil and still having problems with it. Suggestions ? Solutions ?

Check your bar, then the tank vent, your worm gear and if nothing change, the oil pump.

Will do buddy. The bar is clean in the grooves but i'll check where the oil slot hole is in the bar, where the oil gets pushed through. I'll check everything out. Thanks man

a 36" bar is border line over the limits for that saw,,, a 36" bar is 90cc range,,, that saw is not made to oil that long of a bar,, take the bar off and run it to see how much oil is being pumped,, if it has good flow then run a 24" bar on it,, i bet it will oil that bar good

True but this 576XP has some motor work done to it and it screams! It doesn't have a problem turning it, it's just oiling it.

I have never done this so I can not confirm or deny if it will work, you may be able to change the worm and the pump gear out with one from a 390? I have though about this for use on my 2071 for use with a 32" bar for rare use.

Jeremy

I have never done this so I can not confirm or deny if it will work, you may be able to change the worm and the pump gear out with one from a 390? I have though about this for use on my 2071 for use with a 32" bar for rare use.

Jeremy

I'll have to look into the worm gears and pumps in the 576XP's and the 390's and see if they are compatible

Yeah, that's what I am thinking too. It almost seems like it is clogged. Going to clean it out today and try it out on a tree job to see if it is any better

Those pumps are pretty much identical. Any of them can be modded a bit to flow more oil.

Back