Why, just why?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That auction site wont list chainsaws without a chainbrake unless its sold as parts, i'm hoping its his weird way of trying to get around that and it actually works . his comment in the questions suggests it might be.

That auction site wont list chainsaws without a chainbrake unless its sold as parts, i'm hoping its his weird way of trying to get around that and it actually works . his comment in the questions suggests it might be.
The price also reflects that it is not a "wall hanger". That is an average price for a decent running 076. If he actually did that to a 076, he should be smitten about the head & shoulder region until some kind of sense was impaled into him. I agree that he might be playing games with the auction site, but it seems it would be at the price of losing a lot of potential bidders that wouldn't realize what he's up to. Definitely weird.

I doubt he did all that. I mean, really, just a way to get around a stupid rule, like on CL here with things that go bang.

Has to be an April Fools joke. Here is his explanation the starting price:

Seller comment: Please note that the special anti magnetic mercury filled dysprosium filler rods used to weld the crank to the crankcase and the custom formulated hydogen acetylene mix shielding gas I had to use are worth the start price alone. Man were they expensive! 3:15 pm

It was listed today and it's the third of April so it's not an April fools joke. Most people just list saws and hope that the site doesn't figure it out. There's a few other saws without chainbrakes listed that haven't been caught .

I was thinking all 075's had the top oil fill & the 076 came both ways. Kind of odd he didn't mention what model it is. I couldn't read the plate on my little ol' tablet picture.

I see the listing is deactivated.

Omg !!! He had to destroy it to sell it and why would ever anyone buy a saw filled with concrete? That to me is like throwing out beer !!!!sacrilege!!!!!:angry:
This makes no sense whatsoever. Some people need to be sat down and taught the meaning between right and wrong.:dumb2:

It was listed today and it's the third of April so it's not an April fools joke. Most people just list saws and hope that the site doesn't figure it out. There's a few other saws without chainbrakes listed that haven't been caught .
Dysprosium is used for its high thermal neutron absorption cross-section in making control rods in nuclear reactors. Look it up. I'm sure that if we do have nuclear-powered chain saws in the future, there'll be lots of discussions about porting them. LOL

Latest posts

Back