My Neighbour is burning New River Firewood.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KiwiBro

Mill 'em, nails be damned.
Reaction score
What? If you can't beat 'em, join 'em.

This place has gone to the dogs.

Either that or my neighbour is burning creosote dipped canines.

Either way, it's just one more crap thread to preoccupy the mindless phalanx. Enjoy.

What happened to intelligent subjects such as , which oil to use, bark side up or down, to cover or not to cover your wood, ----------
--------- bias ply vs. radial tires, maul vs. splittin' ax, how to cut your wood to the same length, re-purposing used motor oil, kinetic energy vs. momentum, combustion efficiency vs. heatin' efficiency, billiard balls........

Interesting bit of info...
Dad came up this weekend and asked if I had any used motor oil 'cause he'd run out.
Well sure... I got gallons and gallons of it... so he sets a couple 2-gallon jugs in the back of his truck, so I ask what he's using it for.
I started laughin' and jokingly warned him someone might call the EPA... he looks at me sort'a funny and ask's, "Call the EPA?? For what??"

So I did a bit of research... I checked the EPA web site, I checked the State of Iowa code, I checked local ordinances.
Guess what?? Where I live it's perfectly legal for a private citizen to apply used motor oil for dust control on his private property, provided the used oil was generated by the private citizen (i.e., I can't buy the stuff or hire it done, but I can dump my own used motor oil, on my own ground, for dust control).
This is awesome news... I don't haf'ta apply dust control in the middle of the night anymore :D

Interesting bit of info...
Dad came up this weekend and asked if I had any used motor oil 'cause he'd run out.
Well sure... I got gallons and gallons of it... so he sets a couple 2-gallon jugs in the back of his truck, so I ask what he's using it for.
I started laughin' and jokingly warned him someone might call the EPA... he looks at me sort'a funny and ask's, "Call the EPA?? For what??"

So I did a bit of research... I checked the EPA web site, I checked the State of Iowa code, I checked local ordinances.
Guess what?? Where I live it's perfectly legal for a private citizen to apply used motor oil for dust control on his private property, provided the used oil was generated by the private citizen (i.e., I can't buy the stuff or hire it done, but I can dump my own used motor oil, on my own ground, for dust control).
This is awesome news... I don't haf'ta apply dust control in the middle of the night anymore :D
We spend thousands designing and building proper septic systems because **** is toxic waste. Then when the holding tanks need to be pumped we pay to have a guy come dispose of it properly... By driving out to a field or the woods and spraying it on the ground.

We spend thousands designing and building proper septic systems because **** is toxic waste. Then when the holding tanks need to be pumped we pay to have a guy come dispose of it properly... By driving out to a field or the woods and spraying it on the ground.

:laughing: Too funny‼
I asked the last guy that pumped mine how he disposed of it... he told me he pumped it into the manure lagoon at his farm.
So I asked him what happened to it after that... he said it gets knifed into the crop fields with all the other crap :laughing:
So yeah, a new "code required" septic system costs 7-10k, and the crap ends up where it always did anyway... on or in the friggin' ground‼

Friggin' beyond ridiculous‼

:laughing: Too funny‼
I asked the last guy that pumped mine how he disposed of it... he told me he pumped it into the manure lagoon at his farm.
So I asked him what happened to it after that... he said it gets knifed into the crop fields with all the other crap :laughing:
So yeah, a new "code required" septic system costs 7-10k, and the crap ends up where it always did anyway... on or in the friggin' ground‼

Friggin' beyond ridiculous‼
I tend to believe you. The reason is because the county I grew up in all the residents have been fighting with a very large industrialized dary farm that was taking the waste water treatment waste and spreading it on their fields. The county residents were working on outlawing them from spreading it becuase its filled with the heavy metals and semi solids that the waste water treatment plant take out during its processing. The biggest problem was the farmers were spreading it on the surface and not tilling it under like required. This caused runoff into creeks and streams. Now, used motor oil might be a little different but the idea of really bad **** being spread onto fields is more of a reality than you would believe.

Back