262XP Day

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice work, Randy. What 5 axis cnc mill do you use for those bridge/finger ports?

LMAO........I just use my hand......and a H28 Foredom.....

Randy, what's the biggest batch of saws you've done at one time like this?

This is a largest batch to date Brad.

I did 6 MS261s awhile back......that was the largest before this one.

A friend wanting to run the legend,Randy has the Legendary SB2 he has been fixing the choke so he could give you a better video on what everyone 262's will be like I have gave him permission to run the piss out of it

Yes it does. It represents position of the piston vs time. When you increase the rod length the wave changes, the piston spends more time near TDC and BDC for a given change in crank angle.

A longer rod ratio produces a more uniform piston velocity throughout its stroke. Thus a long rod produces lower peak piston velocities/accelerations/jerk etc. Generally, intake flow stagnates at sonic velocity. And since intake velocity through the ports is relatively proportional to piston speed, intake flow benefits from reduced peak piston velocity.
Engine design variables like stroke/bore ratios and rod ratios is an excercise in compromise. For low speed engines, a long rod is especially beneficial. It reduces peak piston velocities/accelerations and inertia loads on the rod and crank bearings. A long rod also minimises rod angulation and thrust load/friction losses at the piston skirt.
And this is why a small block Chevy would wear out so fast. The rod length to stroke ratio on a 400Small Block was silly. The Rod/Stroke ratio on a 383 MoPar was outstanding.

View attachment 417953

Beautiful work, but I'm having trouble seeing where the locating pin rides such that the ring ends don't snag. Probably apparent in another view angle.

View attachment 417953

Beautiful work, but I'm having trouble seeing where the locating pin rides such that the ring ends don't snag. Probably apparent in another view angle.
I believe that the 262 has a single ring with the gap centered over the intake port.

Makes it ideal for finger ports.

Back