Character tree pics, bring 'em on?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's another at my place. Power company says let it fall on its own and they'll fix the line no problem. Not really a unique tree. Just a POS.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428199144.704150.jpg

OK. Plan B is to put you on ignore so you disappear. Goodbye yippy little pooch (boot). And with that..........................the troll is gone.

e879f14ffee1b8279e6551274e73ce23.jpg

That dead pos is the tallest tree in my sub it has no bark but still stands when live ones fall in the high winds is that character or is the tree just to stubborn to completely die (it still grows leaves at the tips some how it's beyond me how with no bark art all the first 40 feet of it)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ive seen a lot of weirdness in swamps. Like two trees sharing several large branches.
I've seen spruce and pine grafted together by people if that's what you guys are talkin about

aboriginals around here call them medicine trees. when a branch fuses with another tree.

I've seen spruce and pine grafted together by people if that's what you guys are talkin about

The pic I posted is of two maples that have a limb that is fused together they are twenty feet apart or so and the limb is 16-18 feet off the ground. Evidently it happens more frequently than I would have thought, but its the only time I have seen it.

Here's a ponderosa pine with my assistant Chris included for scale. He's standing at the base of the tree.

DSC01143.jpg

Attachments

• upload_2015-4-18_9-20-14.png
    upload_2015-4-18_9-20-14.png
    368 bytes · Views: 4
Back