ms250 trouble

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i got 025c and its ok has easy start & fuel bulb that i never use and it power good & cuts fine just shame about the flippy caps, i dunno how to help your saw no go issue, I'd shove a bit of ether in it see it pops to life

3978402473_db7872eed2.jpg

Well screwed with it again tonight still no go will fire up and run for a few seconds but still haven't checked pulse line maybe Friday will have time

I have two 025's and one MS250. No primer bulbs.
They have WT-215 Walbro0 carbs and muffler mods
16" X .325 X .063 Stihl RSC chains
Run very good.

Attachments

• P7040014.JPG
    P7040014.JPG
    124.9 KB · Views: 7
Well pulled it apart again checked intake boot and pulse line and fuel line all good, compression good, piston looks perfect intake and exhaust side. It will fire under full choke and rev until you touch the throttle on half choke. Gonna drive over this junk with the tractor soon.

Well pulled it apart again checked intake boot and pulse line and fuel line all good, compression good, piston looks perfect intake and exhaust side. It will fire under full choke and rev until you touch the throttle on half choke. Gonna drive over this junk with the tractor soon.
That says the mixture is too lean.

I have a friend who has a 250 with the same symptoms. It will start and run on full choke. But when you take it off choke, it starts dying and eventually just stops running. He ran the saw out of gas when he last used it, months ago, and refilled it with 93 octane mix this spring. As far as I know, he hasn't fiddled with mixture, so I have to assume he's either got an air leak or the carb is partially clogged.

Is the Walbro carb the one to buy? Is the Chinese version any good? I may end up putting a carb on it for him; that may be simpler than me trying to clean the carb and put a kit in it.

I have a friend who has a 250 with the same symptoms. It will start and run on full choke. But when you take it off choke, it starts dying and eventually just stops running. He ran the saw out of gas when he last used it, months ago, and refilled it with 93 octane mix this spring. As far as I know, he hasn't fiddled with mixture, so I have to assume he's either got an air leak or the carb is partially clogged.

Is the Walbro carb the one to buy? Is the Chinese version any good? I may end up putting a carb on it for him; that may be simpler than me trying to clean the carb and put a kit in it.
I bnought this Chinese Walbro for my 025. Has low and high adjustment and works fine. IIRC, they also sell a kit for it. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Carburetor-...170?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item43d08c0172

Well ordered a carb. This is my last stihl ever, you should never need to buy a new carb. 4 husqvarna and no problems think I'll stick with them.

Well ordered a carb. This is my last stihl ever, you should never need to buy a new carb. 4 husqvarna and no problems think I'll stick with them.
I order carbs for the homeowner grade Husky's all the time. They suffer from the same issues as the Stihl homeowner saw carbs. Both have unserviceable internal check valves. I suppose you could develop a way to fix them, but that costs tons more than just putting a new carb on them.

Update on this particular MS250. I started wondering about the 93 octane, E-free gas that he bought. Specifically, I started thinking about how often the gas station received deliveries of that particular fuel since so few cars need it. So I asked my friend to dump the gas out of the saw, start it on full choke and just run it out of fuel, then refuel it with TruFuel at 50:1 and start it again. Problem solved.

My 250 gave me fits and I was ready to pitch it......but I went with the truefuel and learned the starting sequence. 3 pulls cold start and 1 pull after that. It has been flawless ever since I got over my stupid. Feel a little guilty about how mad I got and how I bashed.

its not the starting technique. And I'm not using 10$ a liter fuel I'm not a cottager I use my saw for a living. Only got this one on a trade as I thought it would be a good little limbing saw, I was wrong.

I was thinking the same. Mine does not have one.
I've got one here at the shop with primer bulb. If I rebuild this one it's coming off. The carburetor with all the fuel lines, etc. is all crammed in the air box and doesn't leave much room to work. I'd also change out that junk carb that looks like you can't adjust.

Latest posts

Back