Sachs Dolmar Chainsaws Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have been pretty much absent from AS for about a year and a half and the format has changed. I had to ask for a link to this thread, but I am now back and as usual in need of something.
I posted this on the main thread and got some response. I have a Sachs 143 that I am reviving and need a piston, service manual and probably seals. I can find a new piston, but they want $117 for it. This is more than I want to put into a saw that I will get running, probably never use and my daughter will probably sell for junk when I die. I was told that there was another brand piston that I could use by doing some modification (ie trimming the skirt). If anyone know about this I would appreciate the information. Thanks Tom

Been reviving a 117 tonight, cleaned her up, new fuel lines and a carb kit. Replaced three of the antivibe mounts, fortunately I had a few kicking around. Got her running, idles nice and smooth. Saw's in good shape.
c7861a080029bc63f5ee36b0d19203f8.jpg
d1cc20d99e053d08437f04bec643e9ff.jpg
c874bc4a430510ca941d33274999e6c4.jpg
5b4aa25bcc3466fa80de3cf35932f076.jpg
3a9aa02c89bfb598ad1eb8468e947d45.jpg

Does anyone know if the Makita DCS430 (Dolly 109) has a catalytic muffler? I'm guessing it's too old to have one but I'd like to be sure. I surely don't want to pry muffler apart only to find no cat.

Does anyone know if the Makita DCS430 (Dolly 109) has a catalytic muffler? I'm guessing it's too old to have one but I'd like to be sure. I surely don't want to pry muffler apart only to find no cat.
No it doesn't

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello everyone I'm Iwannis,
I'm new member in your site. I am hoping that there might be someone who can help me with a old sachs-dolmar. 122 I think.
belonged to a friend of mine and while he cut woods popped the oil adjusting screw. Does anyone know which parts were lost?
Thankyou for your time.

Hey Gents,
Picked up a 120 super with a bad flywheel case half, what is the best way to pull the flywheel on these? Also, is a 120 case half the same, I know that the coil set ups are different. Thanks.

People!!! I am short on funds so can't buy this one but there is a 6800i makita on eBay for under $200!!!

Yea, if I didn't have 8 other things needing my $$$ I would have taken it up to $200

Well since this is the Dolmar thread, I will start asking questions here. I found a Dolmar saw at a pawn shop the other day. I couldn't find anything on it to identify the model, except the pawn shops sticker identifying it as a 120si. There wasn't much of anything for decals on it to be sure of anything. I have done some searching and reading an it seems as though it should have the (oh, what do they call it?) thing instead of a choke. There was nothing legible there to know how to use it. I couldn't get it started, but after trying a while, I checked and it did not have any fuel in it. Wasn't going to start.

So where should there be identifying marks, ID plates, or anything else to let me know for sure if it is a 120si? The size is consistent with a saw in that displacement range. Should I take some fuel and try to get it to run first, or should I try to buy it cheaper not starting and get it going on my own time? Proper starting procedure is (what I have learned anyway) flip the 'not choke' lever up for one pull, then flip it back down and it should start in s couple mere pulls, correct? If it doesn't start, then what? Walk away? They say I can have 7 days to return it if I can't get it to work. Asking price is, I think, $180 or maybe it's $189.99. It does look to have a lot of hours on it. Supposedly belonged to a tree service, or at least a guy who did tree work.

Any other advice about this, or things I should look at?

Thanks, Alfred

Alfred, There should be a metal plate below the clutch with the model ID, the 120 si has an injector carb, the lever should be up to cold start down for warm start.
That's a good price if the saw looks ok, they are very good saws.

I will look for the metal plate, under the clutch, you say? I think I turned it all around and upside down and didn't see anything, but I will look at it again when I'm over there on Friday.
"If the saw looks ok" It definitely has been used. Like I said, decals, stickers, paint worn to the point of illegibility. I didn't even notice the condition of the chain, but the bar looked to be about a 24 inch. And would the bar/chain interchange with anything else I have? Makita DCS6401 (very likely), Solo 662, John Deere (Efco)CS72, Echo 660EVL, Husqvarna 281XP and Stihl 066Magnum, both damaged in a car accident. I think that is everything I have in that size range. I know chain pitch and bar gauge will matter too, but as far as the bar mount? (80 cc saws are hard to come by.)

I ran across a 151 at a local pawn shop, which is strange because I never see Sachs-Dolmar saws around here. I've had no luck tracking down an OM or IPL on my own, or in the Beg For Manuals sticky thread. Any info or documents that you provide would be appreciated.

Latest posts

Back