On a more serious note I will never buy or accept another mcculloch.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah I was iffy about it cause I wasn't impressed the 610 which was a free to me if I fixed it thing so I did lol but damn that things heavy under powered I really didn't like how the handle connects to tha carburetor just kinda blah uknow but from everything I've read on them everyone else had the same to say it's nothin special at all but you can't kill it they'll just keep on kickin and he'll it doesn't matter how nice something I'd if it's not reliable it's trash so I keep it idk maybe this little saw will be alright to
I have one of those too, and I find it to also be a good saw although I know others disagree. Yes they are heavy but that's the only real flaw - they have A/V and chain brakes, make good power and hold up well. The McCulloch engineers knew some things about 2 stroke engines. This is 55cc and pulls and oils that 24" bar well:
Mac3420x24-1024.JPG

I just don't like the way mcculloch does things I've torn into several saws and I always find myself questioning the mccullochs

stihl 026 husky 300xp mac 610 efco 132s craftsman 170 mac 1635
The newer McCullochs are that way, I prefer to mess with the older ones like the 10-10. These newer ones I pass by at the sales.. I did manage to buy a rather nice PM605 last Saturday, really good running saw but only has a 16" bar and chain. I kinda prefer a 20" on these saws because they have enough grunt to pull them with no trouble..

I felt great when I sold my Mac 610 for $50, I prefer the 10-10 series macs.
I always liked the 10-10 but without A/V it's a not something I'd consider now.

I have one of those too, and I find it to also be a good saw although I know others disagree. Yes they are heavy but that's the only real flaw - they have A/V and chain brakes, make good power and hold up well. The McCulloch engineers knew some things about 2 stroke engines. This is 55cc and pulls and oils that 24" bar well:
View attachment 423278
Yours oils lol I gotta pour oil on the bar

stihl 026 husky 300xp mac 610 efco 132s craftsman 170 mac 1635

Back