Ahhh...FLOG

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lefturnfreek

Sharpen the chain, chuck chips ...repeat...
Reaction score
So Whitespider, your leaning pile has been topped....over 7ft high and a hell of a Pisa impression going on there, it even moved sideways some, damn.... gona be some work to re stack that before it hits the ground.

0511151936a.jpg 0511151936b.jpg

Ive had pretty decent luck stabilizing stacks like that with steel fence posts placed every 2-3 feet. It may be possible to tilt the stack back upright by pushing the stack backward every couple feet then pounding in a small short split to tighten the stack while using the supporting posts to keep the rest of the stack from toppling. It might save you a heck of a lot less work.

So Whitespider, your leaning pile has been topped... gona be some work to re stack that before it hits the ground.
HA‼ I don't re-stack (if there's any possible way to avoid it).
When mine fell over I loaded it up, moved it in basement, and converted it into ash.
I'm hopin' the rest of it remains upright... it's too late for movin' it in the basement now.

DSCF0012.JPG

Kids and my employee stacked some wood, and it fell over a couple days later. I instructed them (AGAIN) about how to stack it properly, and told them to put the splits that fell into the stack next to it so they weren't handling the wood more than need be. THAT new stack fell over!

So 3 hrs or so got the leaning section spread out and restack buy the un paid, over worked, under feed, over streesed farm hand...other wise know as me....pic's later

So 3 hrs or so got the leaning section spread out and restack buy the un paid, over worked, under feed, over streesed farm hand...other wise know as me....pic's later

Didn't try to push it straight with a tractor, skid steer, etc?

One of my bosses when I was in the Air Force used to always say "Why work hard when you can just work smart?"

Ground is still to soft there to get a tractor in without tearing it up, or I woulda done that. This is reclaimed wet pasture that was build up 12in last year and isn't quite "set" yet as the pile shows as it sank on one side and skidded sideways. There is no way I would been able to put a row that heavy up on the original ground as it is mush in spring.

0518151928a.jpg 0518151929a.jpg

That lil puddle next to the quad tracks is 12in of mush right now.

It shouldn't fall over now.

One of my bosses when I was in the Air Force used to always say "Why work hard when you can just work smart?"

Then he proceeded to tell you what work to do. ;)

I had a row fall this spring. First time that's happened to me. I'm not sure why it fell, either... I *think* the kids were playing on it. The pallet beneath is still level and the stacks were pretty secure. No one knows anything so I'll probably never learn what really happened.

Latest posts

Back