• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Canadian guys , I'm looking for a very good 088 MS880 PHO

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nitehawk55

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I'm in SW ON and have a tree service fellow needing a saw to replace his 084 that is beyond repair .

PM me what you have with price and estimated shipping . He has his own bars .

Thanks !

I am in Ontario as well, and I have almost never seen a person sell one. One company I used to work for owned 3, and the county has one, but other than that I see mostly MS 660 / 066 and lower.

The reason, IMO, is that there is rarely a need for a bar over 24".

Yeah I know there isn't a lot around but this fellow likes to have one big saw in his stable .
Hopefully something comes along , he's not worried on spending some $$$ on a good one .

Found a nice one local yesterday....thanks guys and CDN Farm Boy , it was your tip :D

He's keeping the pooched 084 for now .

Yes , I'm in London .
Worked for Stihl head office here in London for 17 years .

Yup we're here. Definitely doesn't seem to be to many of us though. I'm in Paris. Just a firewood cutter but I love chainsaws. I'm always out cutting wood for myself, friends and family.

That's
Yup we're here. Definitely doesn't seem to be to many of us though. I'm in Paris. Just a firewood cutter but I love chainsaws. I'm always out cutting wood for myself, friends and family.
That's the way I grew up . born and raised on a 600head of beef cattle farm . now been logging for a few years now.

Since there are a couple southern Ontario guys listening, I'm looking to get chainsaw certified for work/insurance purposes. Does anybody know if there are any courses being offered in southern Ontario? The only courses I've found have all been north of Barrie.

Since there are a couple southern Ontario guys listening, I'm looking to get chainsaw certified for work/insurance purposes. Does anybody know if there are any courses being offered in southern Ontario? The only courses I've found have all been north of Barrie.
There making you get them for work now? They are the most useless course out there you watch slideshows and start a saw , cut one piece of wood. Enough of my ranting .most of the time they advertise the course at the your local dealer or on kijiji there in random places at random times kinda of stupid to be honest .

London has a head office . where about is that located . I just live 40 mins out from London.

It's on Sise Rd on the west side . That's the head office/warehouse for Canada , there are branches out east and west but all the dealers in ON and most of Qc are supported by London and the other branches as well .

Head office for Echo Canada is in London as well . Pres of Echo used to be the sales manager for Stihl when I was there .

Oxford and Gammage is one set of G parents and out Oxford west near Oxford Public school is another, Cherry Hill is uncles as well as Kintore and Thamesford for others. Not to mention Ingersoll.
Have acash crop relative near Wellington south.
Nitehawk55 are you building racing saws?

No , do some rebuilds but no hot saws . The service manager at Stihl (who is now retired) , he built some screamers :D

My oldest son is in Kingston BTW , Sqd commander at RMC

Latest posts

Back