Anyone Still Burning Firewood?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A/c is running as I type it's 75 with high humidity. Last fire was late April I'll fire it back up in September or October whenever it gets in the 40°s...

It's kinda nice and cozy to sit around a fire. May was a scorcher here with over 70 fires burning in the yukon, bet when they grew that, they grew a lot of it. Lol

I always love that first fire, I usually jump the gun and build to big of one and make the house 85 and miserable though

Had a fire here the last 2 days, was 48 deg. F. last night. It rained an inch the last 2 days here (we are supposed to be in a drought?). Finally cleared this afternoon and I let the stove go out. Supposed to be a heat wave this weekend and in the 90s, then ease off into the 80s all next week. So summer has arrived a month early here.

6/2/2015 it was cool in CT. and the house was 60 degrees F. I lit the stove and warmed it up to 68. A few pieces of kindling and 2 splits.

Let mine go out in early april. There were quite a few days after that that I wished it was still burning, but I was too stubborn to go back outside and relight it, so I just added a layer of clothes and wore a fleece around the house.

Close to 80 yesterday- barley making 60 today ( wind off Lake Mich.)- likely firing the stove up to take chill off again this evening or in the early morning. Haven't reved up the AC yet this year, lot easier on the pocketbook so I ain't complaining.

Summers in full force here. Been done with firewood since April. Last week I just put the saws up for storage till October and cleaned out the woodstoves.

KO50zrWkkfX6U8FREXFj3Njfj7LuYyHV6eWFhCxbSqA=w815-h611-no

Nothing to see here folks , move along .

Latest posts

Back