NW Indiana GTG

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone going to the GTG running a dash cam? Thought it might be neat to see a condensed version of your trip to the event.

Was good to see some old friends and meet some new ones.. Thanks to everyone that took the time to put this together.. I can speak from experience that these things take some work.. Didn't bring anything with me but my camera and honestly didn't even use it that much.. Was too busy catching up with friends of the past and remembering why I enjoy most of the people that come here..

Thanks to Chris, his family including his Dad who cooked. Thank You to Modifiedmark. Got to run quite a few of his older Poulans, some with bowsaws. One with 1/2" full chisel chain. Finally got to meet a few that have posted for years. Rain held off till the late afternoon. Ran a couple of Joe's elect6845 saws - they were very fast. All Brad's saws ran great with the 440/460 very fast. What a nice day.

Great day at the GTG! A huge thank you to Chris and Mark who did an AWESOME job hosting. Many thanks too to their friends and family who helped as well. They made it all possible.

Here's what I got in the photo department:

i-k6496Rs-XL.jpg

Gary's (Guido's) saws in the foreground and the generally awesome dining set-up in the back left, the check-in tent in the middle, and a hint of Mark's Traveling Saw Empire on the right. (And yes, that is my attractive blue water bottle.)

i-mkrtrkj-XL.jpg

Tim (all the way from Ontario) bottle feeding a slightly recalcitrant Homelite of Gary's.

i-m2gr6kj-XL.jpg

Brad's (bsnelling's) Bevy of Beauties
(Thanks for checking the CS-590's tune, man!)

i-4KntBjh-XL.jpg

Chris running a handsome Pioneer

i-KgDz2vk-XL.jpg

Brad chuckin' chips with some 3/4 wrap action!

i-H58tzrC-XL.jpg

The bottle feeding worked! Gary setting the dogs.

i-wpMMTkT-XL.jpg

Brad and Mark. New tech, old tech. (The saws not the sawyers!)

i-6BC6Pts-XL.jpg

Tim and a sweet running Mac.

i-vP6rW9P-XL.jpg

Roger has chips flying...perhaps at 3000FPS?! And wins the furthest drive (Wyoming)!

i-254SqxM-XL.jpg

Brad with the Homelite 750 buried.
(Sorry about the angle, buddy. I have a lot of practice saying, "Those jeans do NOT make your butt look big.") :ices_rofl:

i-n2H2PRQ-XL.jpg

Wankel/Rotary!

i-kj3dMf4-XL.jpg

Mark running The-Saw-That-Shouldn't-Exist!

i-BWjLmZ5-XL.jpg

Solo Twin!

i-kkNtwXB-XL.jpg

Some beauties of Tom Erwin's

The next three shots are a few favorites of mine from Modified Mark's unbelievable collection.
i-xMvgQm8-XL.jpg

i-Ch8JPm4-XL.jpg

i-TCRqkKx-XL.jpg

i-b3QdJVK-XL.jpg

MM setting up for cant racing.

Wish I could have stayed all day, guys. It was a pleasure meeting all of you.

Gratefully,
Jeff

I think it is safe to say that a good time was had by all. Looking through my photos I see that I only took some before lunch and only captured some saws and people with very few action shots. I will do my best to introduce a few more of the guys. A great big thanks to Chris for making his place available and letting us make such a mess, Chris's mom & dad plus Mark's family for support with the food and organization, and Mark for making lunch announcement...we all need to eat you know.

Looking out from under my tent I could see Mark and Chris prepping a few saws, a few of mine and a few of Roger's (3000FPS) got in the shot as well.

IMG_0721 (640x480).jpg

Roger was also busy in the morning getting his saws ready. He not only can put together a great running saw, he operates them very effectively and plays a mean guitar as an added bonus.

IMG_0722 (640x480).jpg

Ted (Warped5) and John (Brushwhacker) planning some strategy

IMG_0724 (640x480).jpg

Tom Erwin is new to our group but had a few really nice old Homelite saws and was able to run some for the first time in wood. I won't tell you about the clean 35 McCulloch he bought that I pulled the rope out of...

IMG_0726 (640x480).jpg

Not quite knee deep in the chips yet but he's getting a good start

IMG_0730 (640x480).jpg

More strategy being developed: Jeff (spellfeller), Shawn (outdoorlivin24/7), Mike (RMSmopar), Mike (Super3) and Dave (with a whole bunch of numbers after it)

IMG_0731 (640x480).jpg

Tim (fossil) supervising as Gary (Guido Salvage) preps a big Homelite

IMG_0732 (640x480).jpg

Mark

Back