357 xp new muffler mod

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rob*wood-cutta

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
357 XP muffler mod. Did I do it right? I did hours of researching and couldn't really find out exactly what I thought to be right ,so what I did was essentially copying what I saw in a couple other videos. I drilled three small holes on the front of the muffler so the heat will be easily deflected forward , towards the tree. I'm wondering if I went deep enough. I breached the wall to where you can see through the muffler. But there is a Center wall that divides the back half of the muffler from the front. did I do this correctly? or do I need to drill straight through the center.? If not give me any input available. By the way the Three holes are very small.. maybe a little smaller than a pencil. any input would be greatly appreciated.

so Craig just sent me a link but it brings me right back to this page. I appreciate you trying but I'm still lost in the dark. Lol. I'm absolutely in love with this sAw and I want to do everything I can to maximize its performance as I use this all almost daily

I answered you in the old thread but will do here too. You have to put an outlet in the back camber like cgraham shows. Or remove the internal baffle and have a second port in the front chamber.

Well.... Completed... Drilled through" center plate of muffler as well as the front. ( with heat deflestor). Hope it is RIGHT. Used smaller holes to preserve engine life... I got confused while trying to read on retuning carb. it doesn't soundas if I need to adjust it. what do I do?

Attachments

• 20150808_162213.jpg
    20150808_162213.jpg
    474.8 KB · Views: 66
.. I got confused while trying to read on retuning carb. it doesn't soundas if I need to adjust it. what do I do?
You have to re tune now that you have more air flowing through the engine. Turn the H screw counter clockwise about a half turn right away, if you are going to use it at all, before you learn proper tuning methods

Did this one awhile back on a 359.There are many ways to mod a muffler.I always gut the muffler out and cut the carb limiters and remember a 1 inch pipe will flow more than two 1/2 inch pipes. Got to learn how to weld better though.I am GOT LOUD 371XP 013.jpg going to put a stright pipe like this one on the ported MS460 I got a few weeks ago.
359 cat mod 023.jpg

yes I'll remove the muffler 100 through were the exhaust
Did this one awhile back on a 359.There are many ways to mod a muffler.I always gut the muffler out and cut the carb limiters and remember a 1 inch pipe will flow more than two 1/2 inch pipes. Got to learn how to weld better though.I am View attachment 440113 going to put a stright pipe like this one on the ported MS460 I got a few weeks ago.
View attachment 440098
that is absolutely beautiful. I didn't have a lot of time to get this completed so I just drilled a hole through the Baffler inside the muffler. Then I drove three holes in the front of the muffler with a heat deflector shield. Then I cleaned it thoroughly and it seems to be running good. I can't wait until tomorrow, when I can put it in some wood. Can you please reflect more on those plastic parts that I hear people cutting off of their carburetor? the limiters?

Latest posts

Back