One of the last pines in the southdown subdivision. Mandeville, La

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice shots! Wouldn't want to be up there on a windy day... or with a surprise squall or thunderstorm coming along. Good job! :clap:

No wind on this day, dead calm, no clouds, 102 degrees at 86% humidity. I had a second job to make that day but never did. We were wipped. Last January I had a crane booked for a job with 5 trees similar to this one only a bit taller. We got there and the wind was a blowing, my knees were shaking that day.

One of Many in Tchefuncte

Sorry to hear all the big pines are down in Southdown. I have a couple of freinds in that subdivision.

Several of the homeowners in Tchefuncte have also taken down all their pines. We are trying to hold on to ours, if the IPS beetles dont get them. Had to take this one out early this month.

I'm with you against the heat. At least we finally got a little rain this weekend.

By the Way - Nice 8 point

Off the topic - but by the way - nice 8 point taken off our place next to your place in Mississippi. The man in the pict is Shafe, a close friend that hunts with my brother. Wish it had been me.

Fireaxman, Nice buck, we are in one of the best spots around. river bottom to the south with plenty of small streams and creeks running to it, plenty of hardwood mast for the deer to eat. makes for good hunting. I found some sheds on my property that i almost can not believe. I'll show you one day.

Hey,
how about teaming up with me on a few jobs, I need the help if you want the work. My guy quit last week. i am in a real bind right now. I probably have 2.5 weeks of solid work right now then things are seeming to slow down, but you never know, its getting well into hurricane season and all hell might break loose again.

Damm the heat!!!

Let me know and I will call you later.

Sure wish I could join you, I enjoy the work and I know you could show me some neat stuff. Unfortunatley I have to stay close for a while due to some ill health in the family. I'm afraid I could not be very reliable for you. Pretty often I get a call and have to run over to help with a grandmother. She's 102. Sure hope I dont live that long.

One of Many in Tchefuncte

Sorry to hear all the big pines are down in Southdown. I have a couple of freinds in that subdivision.

Several of the homeowners in Tchefuncte have also taken down all their pines. We are trying to hold on to ours, if the IPS beetles dont get them. Had to take this one out early this month.

I'm with you against the heat. At least we finally got a little rain this weekend.
I've done a lot of work in the Beaux chene subdivision. You familiar with that area

Back