Post pictures of your woodpile/splitting area

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Neighbor brought this home yesterday afternoon from a site prep job.

A roll off box full of Red Oak with 2 Paper Birch and some little White Oaks.

I was going to go after a blow down in the woods but some of this needed dealt with.

As you can see, the pile stuck out pretty decent into the driveway and blocked the fueling lane.

I try to keep my woodpile as clean as I can get it and keep the area around the wood pile clean too. Who ever has the nicest/cleanest looking woodpile, I will send them some free stickers :)

Post away!

Shane
Poured some brand new concrete for my pile. 4ft x 40 ft. It would look better with wood stacked on it.
IMAG0850.jpg

Poured some brand new concrete for my pile. 4ft x 40 ft. It would look better with wood stacked on it.

Awesome!!!!!!

That will make it real nice!!

Are you going to put pallets down to put the wood on? Damn if that wouldn't be the best setup.

A lot of the big box stores won't give up pallets they have a contract for pickup. You may have better luck than I did. I wish I had concrete that is going to speed up your seasoning a bunch. I bet you won't loss any to rot either with no weeds growing up underneath

Nice stacks and pretty White Pines! The deer wont leave my White's alone!

Had to prune them up pretty high though. The deer love to bed down under them. Keeps the dogs on their toes! I know a lot of ppl say dont stack under trees or your near the house. And my dad gives me hell all the time for it! But it works great for us, and never had issues of sap or anything.

...I know a lot of ppl say dont stack under trees or your near the house. And my dad gives me hell all the time for it! But it works great for us, and never had issues of sap or anything.

"A lot of people" say too much to start with... I usually listen politely and then go with what works for me...

Back