A man of his word...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thombat4

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Well as promised I got another trailer load of wood from my new tree cutting pal. This time a mix of maple and locust. Again I wasn't home when he delivered but when I got home from work and began relocating the pile he called me back and said he was finishing up the job he was on and he'd stop by my place before heading back to PA. He was very happy to to have found a place to get rid of his load and not have to pay a fee and instead get paid for the wood, which I was more than willing to do. We both ended up happy and it looks like I won't be needing to scrounge for wood next year if I don't want to. But you guys all know how that goes...there's no such thing as enough wood:laugh:. I've been around for a while now and haven't caught CAD as of yet but I do seem to have an addiction to scavenging wood when I see an opportunity:cold:. Be safe out there folks.

Attachments

• DSC00258.JPG
    DSC00258.JPG
    70.1 KB · Views: 132
Well as promised I got another trailer load of wood from my new tree cutting pal. This time a mix of maple and locust. Again I wasn't home when he delivered but when I got home from work and began relocating the pile he called me back and said he was finishing up the job he was on and he'd stop by my place before heading back to PA. He was very happy to to have found a place to get rid of his load and not have to pay a fee and instead get paid for the wood, which I was more than willing to do. We both ended up happy and it looks like I won't be needing to scrounge for wood next year if I don't want to. But you guys all know how that goes...there's no such thing as enough wood:laugh:. I've been around for a while now and haven't caught CAD as of yet but I do seem to have an addiction to scavenging wood when I see an opportunity:cold:. Be safe out there folks.
Good deal. Worked out for both involved. Can't argue with that.

Quite handy indeed! This year I don't need to scrounge very far at all, walk outside, trip, fall! whoops,,oak chunks all over, need to move more to the splitting and stacking area. I am at the point I can't even flop the things back up on edge to noodle cut them, hahaha

I had a red maple dropped off in my driveway a couple months back that the guy didn't want to go through the hassle of going to the dump with. It was a big 'ol knotty gnarly tree. Very little could be split with my ax just because the friggin grain rotated like 180* degrees all the way up. I borrowed a hydraulic splitter to bust that up. Even the 22 ton countyline buckled on some of the bigger pieces!

Latest posts

Back