Still too warm to cut, but...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
48° this morning so the boy and I got after it

Had both the rug rats out stacking today.

It was borderline to warm so we didn't make a day of it. Got about 1 cord cut and split.

Tomorrow morning is supposed to be around 40. Gonna hit it hard.

20150919_153539_zpstwts3nvr.jpg

I'm a northern boy then. I'll make firewood until the snow is too deep for sure footing. The saw doesn't seem to mind 15 below. Me either.

48° this morning so the boy and I got after it

View attachment 448230

And even zogger would be proud of me... cut some of the small stuff for the elitist stove in the shop.

View attachment 448231

Your little guy is still on that tiny Chinese quad?? I thought for sure you would've had him on a big 'ol Yamaha or Honda by now. I'm impressed it can pull both him and the splitter still.

Your little guy is still on that tiny Chinese quad??
LOL ‼
That poor thing has been beaten half to death. It's gone end-over-end twice just this summer, and been on its side more times than I can remember. Both the front and rear racks have been sheared off, the body has several patches and rivets holding it together, one wheel is bent, the front break lever is busted off, the handlebars have been straighten a dozen times, the main headlamp is in a shattered pile somewhere in the woodlot... he even managed to get tangled up in some fencing and broke the drive chain once. Heck, it would pull that load of firewood if he hooked onto it. It always starts, winter or summer... except once, earlier this year when the Chinese battery finally went bad.
I still have his throttle limited... that thing will run nearly 60 MPH with my 220 pounds of lard-azz sittin' on it.

WOW, you must have got a good one! Most people that I know that bought those got a year or two outta 'em. And 60 MPH?! The ones I have seen topped out at 20-30 or so...what kind/size is it?

...what kind/size is it?
Pretty sure it's a Tao Tao, 110 cc.
When we first got it I pulled the carb, adjusted the needle and float, opened the jet slightly, and removed the caps covering the adjustment screws. Then I opened up the (EPA) restricted exhaust. The darn thing starts without using the choke at any temperature over 30°. When he hits the throttle in the driveway it throws two rooster-tails of rock in the air, and I've had to chew him out for tearing up the sod in the yard doing sliding figure-eights. If I back-out the throttle limit screw, it will pull the front wheels off the ground if ya' mash it. The wife followed me down the road, said her van was going between 55 and 60 MPH... right now I have it limited to about 35-40 on pavement or hard packed dirt.

The ATV itself is about wore out (suspension, steering linkage, and the like), but the engine is still strong... the plan is to build a two-wheeler or go-cart when the ATV finally bites it.

Both our boys have Tao tao, and the one gives shifter fits while the other one is still going strong. Built cheaper than hell, but we paid 500 a piece for ours. They have had them for a few years now.

Brother-in-law bought a new Chi-com ATV for his girls. That thing was a pile, motor mounts broke, starter broke, throttle cable went bad, brakes junk. That is just what I remember. Thing was broke more than it ran.

Latest posts

Back