2100 Build Thread!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If it have bosch ignition it may fool you. It will have spark but it is not strong enough. I have same problem. Fix for ignition is in on forum.

Ill have to pull it apart and see, maybe ill try the ignition off of the 1200 and see if that works....

Sorry to branch off a little but does anyone know what the fork tool is called for replacing the anti vibration mounts on my 2100?

Sorry to branch off a little but does anyone know what the fork tool is called for replacing the anti vibration mounts on my 2100?
I made my own out of an old socket, just ground off the end leaving a couple tabs, you can do it with a piece of pipe too... If you want to get really crude, just dig out all the old rubber and use a screwdriver/chisel and small hammer to spin them loose, they really aren't in there too tight

I made my own out of an old socket, just ground off the end leaving a couple tabs, you can do it with a piece of pipe too... If you want to get really crude, just dig out all the old rubber and use a screwdriver/chisel and small hammer to spin them loose, they really aren't in there too tight

My old AVE's were so old they were broke out anyways I used needle nose pliers to get what I could but I was more worried about putting them back in with out twisting them and damaging the AVE

a dab of silicone on the threads and put them in finger tight.. they can't unscrew anyhow since they're clamped on the other end, and the silicone will just hold them nicely and still allow you to get them out, unlike loctite.

A little update! Finally got a mixture of the saws running, 285cd case, bottom and top end, muffler, 2100 ignition and carb! I want to get it hot, make sure it doesn't die! I used SEM ignition and flywheel out of the 2100, but am unaware of which flywheel was in the 285.

Attachments

• 20150914_210409.jpg
    20150914_210409.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 17
  • 20150914_210443.jpg
    20150914_210443.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 16
A little update! Finally got a mixture of the saws running, 285cd case, bottom and top end, muffler, 2100 ignition and carb! I want to get it hot, make sure it doesn't die! I used SEM ignition and flywheel out of the 2100, but am unaware of which flywheel was in the 285.

That is the Bosch ignition in your picture, correct? Not SEM.

So now with the SEM ignition in, it runs, for a bit then dies and won't start again. What the heck am I doing wrong? !?!

I have a question about repair protocol... I have an old 2100 I needed parts put on that I didn't have tools for (vibration elements) before I gave it to the place it ran fine... I can't get the d*mn thing to fire now... Cord broke on 6th pull and doesn't seem to be getting a spark but does have compression... Do I take it back to them? And tell them to get it back in running condition... Or do I take it somewhere else and pay extra to fix their mistake?

The place is an ex husqvarna dealer /service
But switched to stihl

Back