Need a replacement chainsaw...someone just stole my Husqvarna 450! I'm vexed!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lopro

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I just went back outside to find my Husqvarna 450 missing. I've had it since 2010 and it has served me quite well.

Any suggestions on what I should get to replace it? I was thinking 346xp but it seems those are no longer made.

Please advise. Thanks

Sorry to hear about your saw! I don't have any experience with husky so I don't have any advice. I was raised on a steady diet of Stihl. Good luck.

I just went back outside to find my Husqvarna 450 missing. I've had it since 2010 and it has served me quite well.

Any suggestions on what I should get to replace it? I was thinking 346xp but it seems those are no longer made.

Please advise. Thanks

Watch the trading page for Mesapura a member here to list a like new 550xp. A lot of members on this site have bought one from him and not regretted it. Great saw and great guy to deal with.

If I were going to buy a new 50cc plus chain saw today I would buy a Echo 500P or 550P. I bought a small saw this spring a 400 and have been so impressed I would happily buy another Echo.
Right now I have a Husky 162SE, 55EPA, 455 rancher and a Jonsered 2159.

:D Al

you already had the 450, so you already know you want more power ! for the few $$$$ more go for the 460 and enjoy the new saw that you wished you would have bought anyway's!! never enough power for cutting the big wood.

I'd stick with a 450 of you liked it. Great 50cc saw. Not a 545 or 550 but pretty Dam close for a lot less coin. I have one new 450 left a guy is supposed to pick up Monday. If it falls through I can do $280 shipped with bar and chain. Also have a clean used 550xp on bench that I have yet to check out. Should know the 550xp condition by the weeks end

1 St stay a way from 362, my buddy has one its crap. Heavy and slow. I own a 450 and 550 xp. There both great , for me the 550 is more balanced. I use on both an 18 " bar. The 550 xp uses a bit more fuel. I'm a semi pro user and I like both[emoji3]

Envoyé de mon iPad en utilisant Tapatalk

I'd stick with a 450 of you liked it. Great 50cc saw. Not a 545 or 550 but pretty Dam close for a lot less coin. I have one new 450 left a guy is supposed to pick up Monday. If it falls through I can do $280 shipped with bar and chain. Also have a clean used 550xp on bench that I have yet to check out. Should know the 550xp condition by the weeks end

I have been thinking the same thing regarding just getting another 450. If your Monday deal doesn't work, let me know. I'm not in a rush since I have all my firewood ready for the next year or so. But it's like they say, "it's better to have it and not need it,..."

i have one of the 346xp NE. The later model NE had a little more HP. Mine wares a 18" bar. Would be an excelant choice for a firewood saw, if you can find one. You save so much money heating with wood the saws actually pay for themselves. Just keep on buying.

i have one of the 346xp NE. The later model NE had a little more HP. Mine wares a 18" bar. Would be an excelant choice for a firewood saw, if you can find one. You save so much money heating with wood the saws actually pay for themselves. Just keep on buying.

I really like my 346xp, and I like using a chainsaw, so sometimes I use one of my slower saws just so it lasts longer. With the 346, it's like zip, zip, zip and it's all cut up.

Back