Jonsered Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That was my thought...I'm not sure how you work that within eBay's rules. Although I've done something like that before wherin the seller and I we agreed on a price, he removed the items, and he immediately relisted and I bought. I don't think(or care) if that breaks any rules.

I'm cash strapped right now, or I'd try that with this seller.

Kevin

I got a good chance to try some cutting with my Jonsered / Husky 630 this evening. It cuts pretty darn well. There are a few ash borer killed trees in the park behind my house that the city cut down, chipped the limbs and left the trunks for the next crew. They've been sitting there for three weeks so I figured it was time to down size them so I could relocate them to a good home.
It's the only stealth saw I own. The rest wake the dead.

I'm going to make an offer on all three. If I end up with them I'll let you all know.

Curious for opinions....

What model Jonsered saw would be comparable to the Stihl 064?
Was thinking about either trading or selling mine and getting the Jonsered model(only to make them all the same pretty color in the shed).

Scott (love me some red paint) B

Curious for opinions....

What model Jonsered saw would be comparable to the Stihl 064?
Was thinking about either trading or selling mine and getting the Jonsered model(only to make them all the same pretty color in the shed).

Scott (love me some red paint) B

Just an opinion but the 064 was a pretty modern saw in its day and liked a lot here in the PNW. I think the J'red saws in the 900 series are a good comparison, i.e., 910/920/930. I don't know what parts are like to find for the 064, but tough on the 900 series.

Kevin

Just an opinion but the 064 was a pretty modern saw in its day and liked a lot here in the PNW. I think the J'red saws in the 900 series are a good comparison, i.e., 910/920/930. I don't know what parts are like to find for the 064, but tough on the 900 series.

Kevin

Thanks for the input. As a matter of fact, the 064 I have came from the PNW(I purchased it from a fella on this forum)! Parts are something to consider.....

Scott (modern is fun too) B

064 parts are still available thru stihl dealers ImageUploadedByTapatalk1443971864.740099.jpg

My 2 064's both ported

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Isnt the 2188 jonsered's biggest and compareable to 064 066. Just cheaper price

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm thinking the 2188 is a bit over the value of my 064(she ain't pretty, she actually gets used to cut things).....
I have the 2186, and it's a heckfire of a saw, in fact....probably the most used in the stable. The 2094/95 just had a good time at MM, and is like having the breasts of a p0rnstar in your hands....give me a moment please.

Scott (breasts...........whoopee!) B

Those listings caught my eye. The seller might be motivated to accept much lower BIN prices if the he only had to ship to one person.

Oops. I meant low Best Offer, not BIN.

Those three Jonsereds cases w/ parts have sold. Anyone here get lucky?

Edit--Question answered, the post by dakotan2 just popped up.

The guys can correct me if I'm wrong, but the 'newer' xxxx J'reds are just rebadged Huskies. But hey, you get the J'red paint.....lol

Kevin

For the most part you are correct. The 2051/2054/2055 and 2094/2095 still had some Jred lineage. The 2050/2045/2041 and 2083/2077 are rebadged Partners.

For the most part you are correct. The 2051/2054/2055 and 2094/2095 still had some Jred lineage. The 2050/2045/2041 and 2083/2077 are rebadged Partners.

You guys know better than me what happened when the 930 popped up and beyond....it was definitely a Husky/Partner saw.

I'm sticking with the 910 as the most 'modern' J'red and the 394 as the most 'modern' Husky I'll likely own.

So if we're working this from a date perspective....Husky had contract obligations(with Electrolux Group AB) to finish building J'red "influenced" saws until '87. So can we assume anything after that in xxxx series was rebadged Husky/Partner?

Kevin

The vintage jonsereds parts cases are on their way to my dad's place, the seller accepted $99 each.

Lemme know if you're interested in any trades. I may have some stuff you need in my box, and vice versa. ;)

Also, I'd love to know how the parts bins are numbered in your box. Mine has some writing, and some old typed labels....

I'm sure he could be talked out of a few parts here and there. We already have a fair amount of 621 parts as well.

Lemme know if you're interested in any trades. I may have some stuff you need in my box, and vice versa. ;)

Also, I'd love to know how the parts bins are numbered in your box. Mine has some writing, and some old typed labels....
I'll ask him to share some close up photos once he gets them. Won't be likely until this weekend.

Latest posts

Back