Milling an Old Oak Video

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its a chemical call Borax Fungicide and insecticide to keep it safe whilst it drys. cheers BCF

awesome video. I really liked your winch. I made a crappy one that works, but after seeing yours thats clearly the way to go. I may suggest running 2 x 4s under the main supports as I have in my profile pic. because they give you more bed length, i find entering and exiting the cut is much easier, and the length also helps wash out the previous cuts defects. kind of like a block plane versus a jack plane.

Ah I kinda see what you mean could you post a couple of pics? Thanks Bud

Sweet video. Where did you get that winch? Timberframed will be bringing his mill to get after some big wood this Friday. I'll be sure to share with all of you.

-BOA

I got it of ROB D he's on here its a game changer. Glad you like the video. thanks

Question. I just milled some oak myself. Nothing as large as what you did. But I'm still proud of it. I was wondering does the borax leave any stains or residue on the slabs.

Latest posts

Back