The wisdom of your elders

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Or..... Do as a Say and NOT as I Do... Those nasty wasps.... The get real mean this time of the year. Hope You're feeling better?

When you go to the doctor for a physical and blood work-up, and he tells you...
  1. your blood pressure is still too high and puts you on two different meds for it;
  2. your liver function is showing signs of stress and tells you to cut back substantially on the drinkin';
  3. your lungs problems and shortness of breath means you need to quit smoking now;
  4. your arteries supplying blood to your legs are plugged-up again and you'll need another round of vascular surgery and stents (likely caused from smoking and drinking excessively);
  5. your cholesterol level is way too high and he tells you to change your diet and puts you on Lipitor along with the blood pressure meds...
You probably should reevaluate your lifestyle... at least that's what the wife is tellin' me :nofunny:

Walking in the woods today collecting colorful leaves and I ask her if she walked through 'here' where I was pointing. She says yes from about 15ft. away.

At least 60 yellow jackets swarming about a foot off of the ground. Evidently she walked over the nest and I was about to follow her into it. They looked mad.

Just got lucky!

take time to enjoy life, it goes fast.

revel in the glory of all challenges put before you each day. life would be boring without them.

insanity is measured by the years one stays married!

when you think your life cannot get any worse, remember it can!

marriage is a test of one's patience and forgiveness!

there's just a few from the grandparents.:cheers:

So how many times did you get stung?

I got stung once and didn't recognize it as "wasp", continued cutting water sprouts off a stump, finished and decided to clean up some dead fall around there. moved one piece and got hit again. Moved the chunk one ore time and it was 'Katy bar the door'. After 5 I lost count. Last one got me after I was in the truck with the door shut. Not too bad, these were muddaubers, not yellow jackets. Stings about like a hot needle but rapidly fade out.

Harry K

Always carry the Specrside pro to the woods for those nasty yellow jackets, provides a quick death.
Always carry a jug of home defense to the woods to provide a quick death to those ants in the wood you split.

:D Al

Hello,
A couple months ago my friend Charlie and I were cutting up some trees on my property. All of a sudden Charlie started running and hopping like he had got bitten by a snake, at least that was my first thought. I just kind of stood there with the chainsaw running looking at him, trying to make some sense of what was going on, and BAM.....something stung me on my hand !!!!! I saw this little black thing lighting on my hand. I then knew what was going on.......wow, did that sting ever hurt. I dropped the chainsaw (I did turn it off quickly) and took off as fast as I could. We figured that we got into a nest of ground hornets. Charlie got stung once on each ankle and I got it once on the meaty part of my thumb. My hand swelled up like a claw and stayed that way for a few days. Charlie's stings didn't swell up like mine but they itched for a week or so. For the rest of the day, we sure gave that area wide berth. I have been stung by wasps and yellow jackets and they do hurt, but these bees were something else. We had sharp stinging pains shooting into us for hours. I will not get the rest of that wood until December 1.....by then I hope they will be all sleeping a long winter's rest !!!!!!

Henry and Wanda

1. your blood pressure is still too high and puts you on two different meds for it;
  2. your liver function is showing signs of stress and tells you to cut back substantially on the drinkin';
  3. your lungs problems and shortness of breath means you need to quit smoking now;
  4. your arteries supplying blood to your legs are plugged-up again and you'll need another round of vascular surgery and stents (likely caused from smoking and drinking excessively);
  5. your cholesterol level is way too high and he tells you to change your diet and puts you on Lipitor along with the blood pressure meds...
You probably should reevaluate your lifestyle... at least that's what the wife is tellin' me :nofunny:
Those meds are making someone rich.
That alcohol is making someone rich.
Those cigarets are making someone rich.
And all at the cost of your life.

:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing: nawwwww!!! :D

Any farmer who has plowed in summer can tell you how quickly a tractor can go from optimal throttle setting to wide open by turning up a yellow jacket nest. I've never clocked mine but as near as I can tell its about 5 mph slower at wide open than a berserk yellow jacket also running on wide open.

Back