the all aussie dribble thread!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All my chain is either Carlton semi or stihl rs or rm......finished the job with the rs but this stuff was killing my semi chisel in seconds.

The rs I just use to show off.
Sounds like your RS(rapid super) turned 2 (really sh&t) in that dirty timber chipster.
I ain't personally used the tungsten chain, but I believe it takes a bit of work to sharpen properly.
A lot of the RTA guys used to use it when cutting old bridge girders.... They reckoned it was suited for that, keep us posted on your thoughts....!

Sounds like your RS(rapid super) turned 2 (really sh&t) in that dirty timber chipster.
I ain't personally used the tungsten chain, but I believe it takes a bit of work to sharpen properly.
A lot of the RTA guys used to use it when cutting old bridge girders.... They reckoned it was suited for that, keep us posted on your thoughts....!

I love the rs....it cuts fast as but goes blunt fast unfortunately and needs more work to bring it back...

I prefer to work with the semi chisel, it's fast enough, stays sharper longer and I find it easier to bring it back, even when I've put it into a concrete slab.

I fella I used to work with now and again had a tungsten on his 461 and I don't think he'd bothered to sharpen it in the 2 yrs he had it....and that's all I ever saw him use..

Okay....I've had enough.

Had to drop one good size redbox this morning, cut it up and get rid of it...easy job, was even leaning over in the direction I had to fell it...and my trailer could back in right beside it....easy money and the best firewood money can buy.

5 chains later I completed my task....lots of swearing....lots of smoke....yep, it was full of grit and rot in the bottom 3mtrs

I'm getting a cutty cutty tungsten. ...Stihl 20" for $155.....never thought I'd get one cause I always thought they were just for slackers that didnt like to sharpen....
Would tungsten chain be any good for cutting up used railway sleepers or would they still win?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Would tungsten chain be any good for cutting up used railway sleepers or would they still win?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Its the asbestos in the old sleepers that you need to watch out for....it's from their brake pads.

I've got a pile of them here if anyone wants some. I won't touch them.

Okay....I've had enough.

Had to drop one good size redbox this morning, cut it up and get rid of it...easy job, was even leaning over in the direction I had to fell it...and my trailer could back in right beside it....easy money and the best firewood money can buy.

5 chains later I completed my task....lots of swearing....lots of smoke....yep, it was full of grit and rot in the bottom 3mtrs

I'm getting a cutty cutty tungsten. ...Stihl 20" for $155.....never thought I'd get one cause I always thought they were just for slackers that didnt like to sharpen....
Do you want a 91dl loop(or 2) for less than that, I won't use before it rusts out
Is that the .404 cutty cutty that I got a email last week about as well

Hey Jim.

I do use a 28" bar but only in 3/8 .063.

Have you got 91dl tungsten?
I got them from redbull660 last year after one of his tests. Yes they are 28" loops 3/8 .063 36 rd3.
I was going to make a 32/36" loop as I have those bars, I got a 84dl at the same time which i'll keep. Any bigger and really hard will be .404 and a 084 anyway

Thinking of a ultrasonic cleaner. Who's got one and what litreage? I was thing a 2l for cylinders and other things like carbys, saves heating up so much for a small job or a 6l maybe so I can do crank halves in it

A lot of discussion re these things about 100 pages back.....but I'm pretty sure Vince will know a thing or two about them.

Thinking of a ultrasonic cleaner. Who's got one and what litreage? I was thing a 2l for cylinders and other things like carbys, saves heating up so much for a small job or a 6l maybe so I can do crank halves in it
what size cylinders be careful on the depth of the smaller ones they can get shallow ~ 100mm vs normal ebay of 150mm.
but you might be on to something. can use a cheaper one
A lot of discussion re these things about 100 pages back.....but I'm pretty sure Vince will know a thing or two about them.
I have one in my ebay cart to get soon ish
vince said 6l for case halfs should be good 2/3/6L are mostly the same width & height. 9/10 liter get wider short of a 20-30l small ebay bench ones dont seem to do more than a total depth of 150mm actual usable is less.

Back