New guy here.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

madjoe

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone. I've been reading and lurking around for a little while and decided I'd take part. I am a new faller here in western North Carolina and get to start cutting as soon as the rain stops and the weather fairs up. I am by no means a professional and sure as heck don't claim to be. I have been around the business and running a saw since I was a kid. My dad was a timber faller for a many of years until he got his job with the forest service. He has always taught me some tricks and trained me up over the years. I Finally got a job falling something other than firewood lol. I was hoping to start this week but its been nasty and wet here for almost a week. Anyways that's enough of my ramblings. I hope y'all will enjoy my company and I'm all ears when it comes to taking advice. Thanks again guys and gals!

Well you are very polite.
Welcome.. And let's get down to business. I always tell my trainees to look up ..keep looking up...watch your canopy!... It's so very very important that you don't see me laughing....lol

Great attitude

All my Best
Thank you! Like always any advice is appreciated! [emoji4]

hey there Joe! welcome aboard. hammer logging is down your way some where. i have not seem him here in a while though.
so what ya gonna be cutting? we like pics!

I think it was an old guote...may be Phillis Diller?? As it was not uncommon for the Hollywood Cronies to have a golf pro for a personal trainer. Of course the joke been the same but the golf pro would say "always look down".

Joke aside the advice is sound...

Two things you don't want to do and that's watch your trees fall..It a glance then its all about canopy til cover then cover til canopy settles and study canopy for new hazards.
Secondly:

Never get your golf and timber Falling confused...lol

Watch some other joker fall the tree... when you're falling a tree, watch the top and surrounding canopy for **** whats trying to kill you. Trees fight back, golf not so much....

I don't know anything about golf, other then I'd like to clear cut a golf course, and golf carts are fun to play demo derby with, oh and golf clubs with forks welded to the ends make excellent weenie roasters.

hey there Joe! welcome aboard. hammer logging is down your way some where. i have not seem him here in a while though.
so what ya gonna be cutting? we like pics!
Thanks! It'll be lots of hard woods and some soft mixed in. It's a clear cut job so there will be a good bunch of pulp. I'll get y'all some pics. [emoji6]

Watch some other joker fall the tree... when you're falling a tree, watch the top and surrounding canopy for **** whats trying to kill you. Trees fight back, golf not so much....

I don't know anything about golf, other then I'd like to clear cut a golf course, and golf carts are fun to play demo derby with, oh and golf clubs with forks welded to the ends make excellent weenie roasters.
Thats the truth. I don't know anything about golf either. I do know that a while back I was cutting a small hickory, when it started over I looked up and a limb was headed straight down. If I had not been looking up I would have had a serious head ache for a while. [emoji43]

I know how to play golf properly.

11425083_1417353921923090_4926305620495078449_n.jpg

Back