MS461 or MS461R ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dealers on the East Coast just do not seem to handle very many wrap handle saws, just the way it is. Likely cause when you are taking down a tree in a yard, you want to stump it as close to the ground as you can.

Actually mike its primarily because there arent as many hand cutters working on the east coast vs the west , nor the terrain the guys out west navigate..yard trees are taken on either coast then flushed and ground out...guys here dont run as long of bars on powerheads on this side either.

It just stinks. Nobody knows what it is, and each of them say they need to check with their distributors, yet I never hear back from them. Go figure, I bet they are all calling the same guy, and that guy is wondering what the heck is going on that all these people whan a Wrap handle in Virginia. So now, he is going to stock up on them as he feels there is a market surge on the MS461R. I have a bunch of big saw work I wanted to start on this Wednesday, and now I will have to use my MS290 again on 30" class NRO. Crapola. Are there any online high volume dealers I could just order one of these?
Your big saw is a 290 and a regular MS461 doesn't get it for you, you have to have the R version, the full wrap handle, hmmmm, interesting.

Always one in the bunch
Yup I guess your right. I've been selling Stihl in northern Virginia for over 20 years now. To date I've had one customer request a full wrap handle saw. That was back in 07. He wanted a heated handle full wrap 441. He's been the only one that's ever requested a full wrap saw. Guess we'll have 2 in Virginia now,LOL

Yup I guess your right. I've been selling Stihl in northern Virginia for over 20 years now. To date I've had one customer request a full wrap handle saw. That was back in 07. He wanted a heated handle full wrap 441. He's been the only one that's ever requested a full wrap saw. Guess we'll have 2 in Virginia now,LOL
He must have been on AS

@Glockem45 I can feel your pain. I live in an area in MT where if you want most anything you have to order it. Despite being the third largest city here, it doesn't matter if its sporting goods, clothing, tools etc. We are just in a poor location, sure we have big box stores and small dealers but just the way it goes.

Advice from a newly CAD bitten member, if you want a R version get it off the get go otherwise you'll end up just ordering another one or ordering parts. Wait you'll end up doing it anyhow.

The R versions are great in IMO whether your in steep terrain or not if for nothing else than the BA factor they have.

The dogs, HO oiler and handle are all great features, don't let the naysayers discourage you from getting what you are looking for. Doesn't matter if you are the only the second guy in 20 years to want one in VA...get and feel even cooler because you are the only second one in VA to get one. And if you really want to throw them for a loop tell them you want ES Light bar with it too! I know the dealers look at me cross eyed here when I ask for those...Good luck and there are plenty of folks one here that are willing to help out find the saw you want, heck I'd send one from MT but that might get it out of the price range really quickly since it's full retail here or nothing from what I have found around me.

He must have been on AS
Naa not really. The guy that bought that full wrap 441 wanted those heated handles more than anything else. Said his fingers get cold and he like the idea of a warm handle. I had to order it from my distributor, Mid-Atlantic Stihl in NC. They had to get it shipped in from a distributor out west. Just no demand for heated handles or full wraps on the east coast. If there was you can rest assured we'd have them on the shelves.

Back