The Descriptive Process

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you don't like working in the rain you might want to reconsider being a logger.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

If you don't like working in the rain you might want to reconsider being a logger.

Where im from loggers rarely work in the rain (unless its been being done wrong in my neck of the woods ever since I can remember). Seems like here all the fallers and equipment ops came in when it was raining. Besides when I say I hate the rain that doesn't mean I'm not willing to work in it.

Putting some mild inconvenience aside, the rain isn't usually doing you as a cutter much harm. The wind is. As well as the heat. That probably won't make you appreciate the rain any more than you do now, but it'll make you hate the other elements more.

There are these things called boot dryers that work quite well. I bought a peer brand I 1984 and it still works well.
So that's what them things are called. I've seen them new fangled lectric things but didn't have now power at the cabin to try it so I figured I'd just keep on settin em by the wood stove lol [emoji23] [emoji4]

Seriously though i've had lots of jobs outdoors and had wet boots quite a bit and for some reason I never got one. My dad swears by his. Maybe I'll get one if I can ever get a paycheck.

So that's what them things are called. I've seen them new fangled lectric things but didn't have now power at the cabin to try it so I figured I'd just keep on settin em by the wood stove lol [emoji23] [emoji4]

Seriously though i've had lots of jobs outdoors and had wet boots quite a bit and for some reason I never got one. My dad swears by his. Maybe I'll get one if I can ever get a paycheck.
They are well worth the money I spray my boots off daily and instantly throw them on the dryer.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Rain, sleet, freezing rain, snow, and evrything inbetween qualifies as cutting weather. No good for skiddn tho. I quit when its gusting a regular 30mph. In some oak stands where everything is leaning hard the wind is a non issue. Other than the widow makers shakin out. Personally I like cutting when theres a little weather. Keeps things movin.

I love limbing out beech in the rain. The bar oil that slings off the bar onto the log makes it like walking on a greased pole. My skidder operator watched me slip and fall off the same log 3 times today. I love logging.

I love limbing out beech in the rain. The bar oil that slings off the bar onto the log makes it like walking on a greased pole. My skidder operator watched me slip and fall off the same log 3 times today. I love logging.

Sounds like it's time for some caulk boots.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Back