the all aussie dribble thread!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've got the same one, picked it up for $500 but doesn't have the battery charger. Used they go for around 800-1200 in good nic. The chinese imports have brought the prices down, dumb yes but people still compare the prices. "I got this you beaut 10kva for only $600 brand new" Yeah but has it been running reliably for the past 10 years? I think not.

Just as I thought. I will never get what it's worth so I'll just keep hanging onto it...was going to use the engine in a log splitter but it worked out cheaper and easier to get one of those Millers Falls ones and I'm glad I did, works a treat. Thanks for the advice on that MCW.....and I got the current model which means I can tow it 5kph faster and beat you to the next job.

I'll either leave the genny as it is or pull the generator off the motor and use it on something dumb I can think up soon.

pretty much every time I got to start up my fire pump it needs the carby cleaning, it gets gunk in it and won't go until its clear again, then it ticks over like a charm and runs for long time on that little tank.
In saying that I started her this week before the rain and it fired 1st pull, its been running on and off for a month or so, they are great for washing radiators out of heavy machines like loaders and tractors ect.

mine has a plastic tank never had a clog maybe the steel one has afew rust flakes in it.

Also with the on and off fuel tap. Have never turned one off. My engines are always "on" and don't have any problems. No carb issues. My one honda pressure washer was in storage for close to 8 years and from memory started with only a few pulls.

Recently bought a gx270 that had not run for many years, it was stored dry and carby seals needed replacing. So yeah I have not had much luck with "dry" carbys.

i run my carby dry and the tank as well

I've got 2 of those on water pumps Vince, can't quote figures but can say I always have to put one hand on the pump to hold it down
when pulling the starter cord, ( such is the compression.) They rarely need more than I pull on the rope.
As an aside, running on the 95 fuel it will go for an extra 1/2hr or so when flat strap pumping to the irrigation sprays in the paddock.

Agree with postie, great little motors.

I think they have a low oil cut out on them, pays to keep in mind although neither of ours use oil.

I've got 2 of those on water pumps Vince, can't quote figures but can say I always have to put one hand on the pump to hold it down
when pulling the starter cord, ( such is the compression.) They rarely need more than I pull on the rope.
As an aside, running on the 95 fuel it will go for an extra 1/2hr or so when flat strap pumping to the irrigation sprays in the paddock.

I think they have a low oil cut out on them, pays to keep in mind although neither of ours use oil.
yeah your right there, all honda,s have low oil cut out on them

Its not a bad idea to run a higher octane either as the fuel lasts much longer and takes longer to gum up.

I have given up on the B&S mower it has vibrated badly from new. Always repairing it and they are vibration related cause. The govener has always hunted to much and has made mowing a pain in the....
I have bought a mower with a Honda GCV 160 it is so quiet and smooth, mows much nicer 22 inch deck means the yard is done quickly.
I have the same engine on the pressure washer so I will have common spares and consumables.

sent from my Android Phone

I have given up on the B&S mower it has vibrated badly from new. Always repairing it and they are vibration related cause. The govener has always hunted to much and has made mowing a pain in the....
I have bought a mower with a Honda GCV 160 it is so quiet and smooth, mows much nicer 22 inch deck means the yard is done quickly.
I have the same engine on the pressure washer so I will have common spares and consumables.

sent from my Android Phone

Mt mower used to do that. It was being starved of air.

A nice score from the Antique saw/machinery auction yesterday ..... A bench mounted chain vise for sharpening chains off the saw.
No good really for the square filing enthusiast, but hey 2 boxes for $5, there is prob $50 worth of G4 victa carby parts there as well = score!!image.jpeg

A nice score from the Antique saw/machinery auction yesterday ..... A bench mounted chain vise for sharpening chains off the saw.
No good really for the square filing enthusiast, but hey 2 boxes for $5, there is prob $50 worth of G4 victa carby parts there as well = score!!View attachment 461405

Very handy. We should all have one of those.

Back