Post pictures of your woodpile/splitting area

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love the sound of a Detroit for sure! I went on a diesel kick a couple months ago and read up a little bit on them, very interesting stuff.

The first number is the #of cylinders, the dash means inline (v means v configuration) the second is the displacement per cylinder. Hence 6-71 is an inline 6 with 71 cubic inches per cylinder. Lots of variations, 6v53, 6-71, 8-71, 12v71 "buzzing dozen". Those babies sound awesome !

sure does,i love it! 4-71 power,that loader can sit a month in the winter and fire up so easy,its amazing.

have had a 3-53 for over 20 years. Enjoy getting him out for a snort or two just to let ALL the neighbors
know I am alive and well.
they really are easy to start. Have just used a regular truck truck battary for years.

dsc_3468-jpg.460132
dsc_3529-jpg.460133
dsc_3522-jpg.460147

Attachments

• DSC_3468.JPG
    6.5 MB · Views: 819
  • DSC_3529.JPG
    7.2 MB · Views: 810
  • DSC_3518.JPG
    6.5 MB · Views: 28
  • DSC_3530.JPG
    6.5 MB · Views: 29
  • DSC_3522.JPG
    6.4 MB · Views: 791
This is my splitting area, I'm at a point that I can't keep up with the loads I've been hauling home.Today I brought home a load and a second trip to get my atv and trailer. If the weather is good I may go back for more in a week or so.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 72
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 65
This is my splitting area, I'm at a point that I can't keep up with the loads I've been hauling home.Today I brought home a load and a second trip to get my atv and trailer. If the weather is good I may go back for more in a week or so.

Nice stacks, pretty doggie!

Back