Introducing the new Log Splitter Line from DHT (Dirty Hand Tools)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Page 23 of the manual from the DHT website still shows (as of 3/27/2014) an odd wording for the fluid capacity. "Fill the hydraulic tank with approximately 5 to 4 gallons of hydraulic oil." Imho, it should say fill with 4 gallons, purge the system of air, then top off.

Please refresh your browser when you down load the manual. The information is updated. Thanks again for the heads up.

I was looking at the site, saw the powered wheelbarrow but not where you can buy it from, I tried some of the links, did a google, nothing.

It's not released yet. Hopefully coming this summer! Stay tuned, seems to be a fair bit of interest.

Where could I have a look for these in Tasmania?

Interested.....

Cheers
Ian
Hi Ian - I bought the 22 ton model last year. It is a very strong machine and has already split quite a few trailer loads of gum, bloodwood and ironbark. Some of theses were quite large in diameter as we cut up fallen trees and it did not budge at any of them. Stuff the axe bounces off were not a problem. The axe has now become obsolete!! I am a very happy customer and would recommend one.
Barry

Hello all,
Well I finally pulled the trigger on the 28 Ton DHT Log splitter.. I have to say that so far that I am very impressed with this unit. As you all know I have been doing research on various splitters under $2000 for some time now and I decided to go with DHT. The thing that troubled me about deciding what splitter to purchase was the lack of reviews on certain units so I decided to give a review on the DHT splitter on Youtube. I tried to give my take on this thing from start to finish. Please check out my review if you are interested in buying this unit, maybe some of your questions will be answered or maybe not. At least you get to see this thing in operation. If anyone has any questions ,I would be glad to try and answer them if I can. There are many parts to this video. If you just want to see it run then watch this one.
Thx,
Jed

Hello all,
Well I finally pulled the trigger on the 28 Ton DHT Log splitter.. I have to say that so far that I am very impressed with this unit. As you all know I have been doing research on various splitters under $2000 for some time now and I decided to go with DHT. The thing that troubled me about deciding what splitter to purchase was the lack of reviews on certain units so I decided to give a review on the DHT splitter on Youtube. I tried to give my take on this thing from start to finish. Please check out my review if you are interested in buying this unit, maybe some of your questions will be answered or maybe not. At least you get to see this thing in operation. If anyone has any questions ,I would be glad to try and answer them if I can. There are many parts to this video. If you just want to see it run then watch this one.
Thx,
Jed

Looks good to me!

You a strong boy, ha! I'd have to be rolling them things and splitting smaller to chunk them around like that.

Hey, on that hillside..just thinkin..if it was in horizontal mode, just a ramp to the splitter, load up the ramp, split away.

Nice video, Jed. I love my 28 ton DHT. The scale tape only lasted through a couple rounds on my splitter as well. Nice thought, but needs to be stamped in to the beam.

Looks good to me!

You a strong boy, ha! I'd have to be rolling them things and splitting smaller to chunk them around like that.

Hey, on that hillside..just thinkin..if it was in horizontal mode, just a ramp to the splitter, load up the ramp, split away.
Nah...I like it in verticle mode...doesn't bother my back at all ,I am comfortable

I have a question about what comes with the 22 ton from HD. Is it shipped with hydraulic fluid in it or not?

I have chopped 8 cords with and it just doesn't stop. The hard apple wood splits great. Doesn't matter if it is wet or dry. Love the spitter! DHT has done a great job.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi all,
I've been sitting on the side lines for a long time reading the posts that I have interest in since I joined ArboristSite and that I don't really have anything to contribute. And finally I have something that is maybe worth sharing. I recently purchased a 27 ton dirty hands log splitter and thought I would put in some positive feedback for this DHT product. Only have about 4 hrs on it now splitting the smallest of rounds up to about 20" rounds all soft wood as hard wood is just not available in this part of the country and from a home owner's side I am quite pleased with this splitter. I think as long as I take care of it I will get many years of service out of it at 5+ cords of wood a year there for getting my moneys worth from this purchase. Years ago I have done some logging and worked for a couple of commercial fire wood cutters but mostly just cut wood for the home stubborn to split wood by hand forever. With that said I have had quite a few hrs hands on with commercial grade equipment and home owner equipment that I base this post on for what it is worth. Bottom line I am happy with this 27 ton dirty hands splitter and believe it is correct for my needs. Attached are a couple of pictures of my sons helping me cut and split a little wood. Sorry I had already split up the bigger rounds I had cut up and didn't think about taking pictures at the time. Hope everyone will enjoy another home owner's attempt at cutting winter heating cost and the warmth you only get from wood stove heat.
Thanks

Attachments

• P1010011.JPG
    P1010011.JPG
    127.1 KB · Views: 115
  • P1010007.JPG
    P1010007.JPG
    153.1 KB · Views: 120
  • P1010001.JPG
    P1010001.JPG
    158.3 KB · Views: 99
Pretty country there, WyoBoy, looks like a fun place to work.

Mr. HE:cool:

I'm looking to upgrade to a little larger unit, but my question is why put a 13 gal pump on a 5 gal usable oil tank capacity. Wouldn't 12 gal be a better choice for heat buildup? I like the looks of your unit. Where would I find one in Georgia?

Congrats! I purchased a 22T in Oct. So far it has worked great. Oak, hickory, elm and whatever else it has split. Starts easily on first or second pull. So far very pleased

There is only one thing better than seeing a stack of free rounds and that is seeing the $800.00 DHT splitter ready to work them up.

I can't compare it to $5,000.00 splitters, I can only compare it to every other splitter that I've ever owned.

The DHT just does what is asked of it without complaint. At about one year in with it, I couldn't ask for more. Thanks DHT. Those-Rounds.jpg More-Rounds.jpg

I don't wanna meet you in a dark alley if you pick those up and split em horizontally.

There is only one thing better than seeing a stack of free rounds and that is seeing the $800.00 DHT splitter ready to work them up.

I can't compare it to $5,000.00 splitters, I can only compare it to every other splitter that I've ever owned.

The DHT just does what is asked of it without complaint. At about one year in with it, I couldn't ask for more. Thanks DHT. View attachment 464158 View attachment 464159
did you fab up the log catcher? looks good. close-up pics? thanks

Back