If I were to buy a new Husky saw this weekend. What model should I look for? 60-70cc range

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ANewSawyer

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I am planning to be at my dealer tomorrow morning. If they won't let me order a 345FR and I decide to get a saw instead what should I look for? I would want something it the 60-70cc range no more than $700. I am kinda hoping they have a 555. As that is right in my size range. Now I kinda wish I had gotten a Dolmar 6400 from that guy when he was doing the inventory reduction. Oh well. I was/am not set on buying a saw yet. I just haven't made up my mind. It also hinges on whether they will let me order the 345FR. That would be the best case.

A 365 is also interesting. 562 could be a possiblilty but I think a 365 would interest me more for the price. It hinges on what they have, don't have. But I hope they let me order the 345fr and pay the black Friday price in advance.

What is the difference between a 562XP and a 562XPG? Besides the price. I was looking at the 562XPG price but I would still rather have a 365 over the 562XP for the same price. IMO.

I think XPG is heated handles.

I've been a long time fan of the old skool 365/372's... my first pair of pro saws were a pair of 365's from the tree company I worked for. 18" bar.. love them. eventually made the one into a 372. then ported it. it has been my go to saw for years.. 20" bar, then 24".. I love that saw..

Now, last year I got a crackhead price on a few tanks old 562xp. It is becoming my favorite saw. I grab that more and more. I run a 20" on it and have a 24" waiting to go on. Its versatile and lighter than the 365/372. I also have a 372Xtorq. I still pick the 562 most of the time, then the ported old skool 372.. the 562 will do 95% of what most normal people cut.

Is this 20% off MSRP? That will level the playing field a bit. For you guys getting great prices already, it probably won't add up to much... For the guys like me, who's local shop is selling a 562xp for $789 (MSRP is $740), it might be a better deal. 20% off $740 comes to $592, almost a $200 savings over the regular price!

Latest posts

Back