Squish dilemma/Porting opinion

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If a guy looks he can always find a option.

I'd run a gasket and cut the chamber to max the skirt again, compression is your freind.

I put bridge ports in my ms260 along with a ms440 carb. I didn't do any machine work to cut the base or do a pop up. Just a gasket delete. My squish was around .014". My saw easily turns 17000rpms and just rips. It wears a 16" bar and square filed .325 chain. I never tried a before and after with the bridge ports but I can't see that would hurt anythingimage.jpg

In my personal experiences, I think you are safe at the exh opening. You cannot widen the exhaust on the 026/260 like other models of same size. So for the time/area stuff I feel you will be happy.
Question, are trying to make a strong/lugging or speed cutting type 260?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In my personal experiences, I think you are safe at the exh opening. You cannot widen the exhaust on the 026/260 like other models of same size. So for the time/area stuff I feel you will be happy.
Question, are trying to make a strong/lugging or speed cutting type 260?

Both, if that's possible.

Do the bridges work?

I'm pretty sure they do work. They change the fan of the charge coming out of the uppers I believe. Kinda siphon/Venturi. The air is gonna take the lathe of least resistance, so there ain't much flow volume on them.

I can say that the 036 and 262 I added them to run insaneLy well. Can I say it's the bridge ports, not sure.

CAD at its best. Left the table to check.

Now I gotta go check. I didn't think the bases were but 240 ish from the factory. You cut the squish band .050 ish. Factory squish of .028 ish. So that alone......hmmm???

Now I gotta go check. I didn't think the bases were but 240 ish from the factory. You cut the squish band .050 ish. Factory squish of .028 ish. So that alone......hmmm???

Different jugs may have different squish and different thickness on the base

Latest posts

Back